Considering we would be sightseeing all day and only needed a bed and a shower , this hotel done the job.
It is old and worn a little , certainly time for a update , but for the price , you couldn't go wrong.
It's just a shame there is so much noise at the store across the road at night ,from all the homeless people that seem to congregate there and yell to each other ...
Then you have the early morning trucks delivering , or picking up waste bins or street sweeping , and when i say early , i mean 5am.
You can hear just about everything , there is no sound proofing i'm sure ! so do yourself a favour , ask for a rear room .... the view is not worth all the noise !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco