We always love staying here.. This time we had the penthouse. Check the rates for different times of the year. Rates can double in all San Fran properties during certain months. The access to public transport is great, 2 blocks from a cable car, half block from street car and bus. We get the 3 day passport pass good for unlimeted travel on Muni. The Embarcardo has free maps of transportation system. The hotel is basic, not a lot of frills. but, parking is free and the rooms are clean. We love to go to Boudin's in the a.m. for fresh bread for breakfast. Only half block from wharf. The penthouse has a full kitchen. It's roughly the cost of two rooms, has 2 bedrooms, living, kitchen combo, and 2 decks. We love it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco