“Close to Fisherman's Wharf”
Review of The Wharf Inn

The Wharf Inn
Ranked #127 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Location, location, location! Oh, and free parking! Those were the positives of this hotel. Not a terrible place, since when you are in San Francisco, your room should just be used for sleeping. Our room had a view of the back wall of the building next door. No AC, but there was a ceiling fan. But, if you want to be close to Fisherman's Wharf, this is a well-located hotel. Hair dryers are available, but you have to get them at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 210JENNIFERC

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I choose to stay here because of the location close to everything we were doing - Fisherman's wharf, the Piers, Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz. In that case it was perfect. However the hotel is very old, run down. Don't expect a big room. We booked a 2 queen room with a cot. So for 5 of us we were cramped. They ran out of room for parking, however made an exception to allow us to park in one of the handicapped stalls out on the street. Our room had a water view but also had a view of all the street vagrants. The city collects garbage through the night and very early in the morning. So between loud people and traffic you don't get much sleep. Water flow was very sad in the shower and lamps were burnt out. No air conditioning which can create poor air flow in room. I recognize that this is one of the cheapest hotels in San Fran by the piers but considering is was still pricey to stay here I was hugely disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms all enter from outside walkways. If you don't want lots of people walking by your room boo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent four days in San Francisco and wanted to stay near The Wharf, Little Italy and China Town. Most places in the area are very expensive, around $300 per night for a room with a king bed. The Wharf in was almost half the price and a decent hotel. Since we were on the go non-stop while there, we didn't need anything fancy and this place fit the bill. If you book more than 30 days in advance you get an additional discount.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken r
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The front desk clerk was very rude and disrespectful. I was extremely displeased with his service and would NEVER stay here again! If I wouldn't have lost out on my money for our stay I would have cancelled this hotel and stayed elsewhere! The main reason I booked this hotel was for location, which is fantastic, but that is the only positive thing going for this hotel. Once in our room we discovered fried shrimp underneath one of the beds along with someone's tennis shoe. Not sure how long it's been there, but that is disgusting! The room smells like a musty locker room, I'm surprised that smell overpowers the shrimp under the bed. Such a disappointment!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Meems1
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Would not recommended this hotel at all. Although the location is great the customer service is poor, room dirty and very loud at night. The walls are paper thin could hear people in the room next in the lavatory. For the money stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Maybe stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dyl5
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Mature couple. Location perfect, close to wharf, trams, buses and cable cars. Rooms clean and well presented. All at your door step. FREE PARKING. Bed comfortable. Nice view. Great restaurants close by. Do not waste money on the upmarket hotels because you spend most of your time sightseeing and just enjoy the city. The gentleman at the reception was a joy, helpful and friendly

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Simians
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had spent time in SF, though never near Fisherman's Wharf. I picked this motel because of 3 things: reasonable price, free parking and near Fisherman's Wharf and my meetings. The Fisherman's Wharf area is disappointing: gritty and dilapidated with not much to see. The Wharf Inn was perfectly adequate for my 3 things. I also found the staff completely polite and accommodating when I asked if I could park there early before I could check in and late after I checked out.

The motel is l shaped. My room was toward the back of the l and quiet enough. No glamor but not a bad place to stay

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo