I choose to stay here because of the location close to everything we were doing - Fisherman's wharf, the Piers, Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz. In that case it was perfect. However the hotel is very old, run down. Don't expect a big room. We booked a 2 queen room with a cot. So for 5 of us we were cramped. They ran out of room for parking, however made an exception to allow us to park in one of the handicapped stalls out on the street. Our room had a water view but also had a view of all the street vagrants. The city collects garbage through the night and very early in the morning. So between loud people and traffic you don't get much sleep. Water flow was very sad in the shower and lamps were burnt out. No air conditioning which can create poor air flow in room. I recognize that this is one of the cheapest hotels in San Fran by the piers but considering is was still pricey to stay here I was hugely disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco