I managed to get a great rate of $75/night on priceline for my three night stay at the Westin St. Francis.
The location cannot be beat, right on Union Square and great for shopping. I was given a "12% off for a day" Macy's voucher with my check in key, which came in handy for the sales.
Entering the hotel, there is a sense of the European Grand Hotel, with plenty of marble and brass furnishings, however a modernisation of the lobby gives a contemporary feel and there are plenty of places to meet with friends or colleagues.
On check in, the agent asked if I was a priceline or expedia customer. He was courteous, though not overly friendly (did not ask how I was etc.). I confirmed I was a priceline customer, and asked if that affected the room I received. He said only "standard" rooms in the older part of the building were allocated for priceline guests. Check in took about 10 minutes as his computer broke down, though he apologised for this delay.
Having read other reviews here, I asked if any rooms in the newer tower were available, and this was accommodated for a $30 premium per day, which I paid. Still a bargain.
Also requested the $16/day hi-speed internet package which saves you money. No in room WiFi, though.
I had a ninth floor room, only rooms about about level 15 in the new tower have a view of Union Square. View was of windows in old section of hotel, and cement roof of connecting buildings. Elevators are very fast - you feel a little unwell when descending!!
The room was as others have said quite standard for higher end properties, I had two large beds, and it was spacious. The great Westin selling point is the 260 thread count ultra soft sheets, six pillows including a neck pillow and the dual "heavenly" showers. Terrific! You can purchase the bed ensemble for your own home for $2,965. The bath did however keep leaking water even when the plug was in, requiring replenishment, and seemed a little old with grip strips on the surfaces. New tiles and bright lighting compensated for the tired bath.
I had one problem as my a/c would not heat the room. An engineer was dispatched within 20 mins to fix it - very courteous and great service, except in the morning I now noticed that the room would not cool down. I guess a system fault, but not great had I been paying full price. Luckily windows opened so fresh air was available.
Turndown service is only available if you request it between 5pm and 9pm. I was not charged for any newspapers, although variously USA Today, Wall Street Journal and San Fran Chronicle appeared on my doorstep each morning.
Maid Service seemed efficient, bed always made between me leaving my room at noon, and returning around three. Room was noticeably not vacuumed during my stay, and some dust on the glass shelves in the bathroom was never dealt with. A cleaning cloth was left on my sink unit. Maid was very apologetic when i returned it to here - no problem. Amenities were generously replenished every day, though. Not bad, but not great either.
Would definitely stay here again at the bargain rate I received, I recommend you request a stay in the new tower to the rear of the historic hotel which seems to elimiate many of the gripes people have with this hotel. The Westin St Francis is really two types of accommodation offered under one brand, which cannot do Westin's reputation any good.
Frankly, the Heavenly Bed (which is in ALL rooms) is so good it takes the medal and allows you to forgive this hotel's little shortcomings. Slept like a baby!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than just a hotel, The Westin St. Francis is a destination where you can unwind and be pampered by attentive, world-class service. As the only hotel located on Union Square, we are celebrated for our historic Magneta Grandfather Clock, a popular gathering place for generations of travelers, as well as our commitment to guest renewal and relaxation. Explore this legendary landmark, which has drawn locals and visitors for more than a century with our distinguished service and through the timeless refrain "Meet me under the clock!" Inside our warm and welcoming San Francisco luxury hotel, marble columns, ornate balconies, and intricate woodwork transport guests back to the elegance of yesteryear. Yet these magnificent appointments are balanced by modern, groundbreaking amenities including the revolutionary Heavenly Bed, our Starwood Preferred Guest rewards program, and employees dedicated to making you feel at home. Book one of our downtown San Francisco hotel rooms and discover the allure of the city's most charismatic and vital setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin St. Francis Hotel San Francisco
- Westin St Francis
- Westin San Francisco
- Westin Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin