Pros: comfortable bed, friendly staff, nice wide hallways and great location.
Cons: For over $400 a night, the $5 "Green" coupon program is ludicrous. It amounted to their way of trying to say they are environmentally conscious. Their "green" program means:
1. They don't clean your room
2. They don't empty your garbage
3. They don't make your bed
4. They don't replenish your in-room coffee or cups so you only receive it on your first night.
( another note, they shorted us on our first night)
5. They don't change your linens or towels - this one I'm okay with as I do believe in doing as
much as I can for our environment.
So for our 2 night stay, we received one $5 coupon. I think this is their creative way of cutting back on their housekeeping staff and increasing their profits at my expense.
The $400+ a night stay did not include Internet nor breakfast. Plain coffee is $5.95 in their restaurant and the Internet is almost $30.00. So that $5.00 coupon did even buy a cup of coffee.
This price also did not include a view, so for your dollar, this is not a good choice nor good representation of what you can find in San Fran.
Also, if you have any health issue, take note that the hallways smell very musty.
I would not ever return, I visit the city a fair amount and don't mind paying for value but found no value to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than just a hotel, The Westin St. Francis is a destination where you can unwind and be pampered by attentive, world-class service. As the only hotel located on Union Square, we are celebrated for our historic Magneta Grandfather Clock, a popular gathering place for generations of travelers, as well as our commitment to guest renewal and relaxation. Explore this legendary landmark, which has drawn locals and visitors for more than a century with our distinguished service and through the timeless refrain "Meet me under the clock!" Inside our warm and welcoming San Francisco luxury hotel, marble columns, ornate balconies, and intricate woodwork transport guests back to the elegance of yesteryear. Yet these magnificent appointments are balanced by modern, groundbreaking amenities including the revolutionary Heavenly Bed, our Starwood Preferred Guest rewards program, and employees dedicated to making you feel at home. Book one of our downtown San Francisco hotel rooms and discover the allure of the city's most charismatic and vital setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin St. Francis Hotel San Francisco
- Westin St Francis
- Westin San Francisco
- Westin Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin