Iconic for those who remember the ABC network series HOTEL from the 1980s, it seems to be set up for business travelers who require a downtown hotel location. The front desk lobby would seem to bear that out with front desk stations that could handle eight-to-ten guests at a time but sadly only two were manned at the time of my check-in and check-out. That said, I had a situation during this stay where I needed to be contacted by work, and the Westin St. Francis staff went out of their way to make sure I received the necessary messages in a timely fashion.
Traditional Classic Room was on par with most standard rooms. Bathrooms seemed 1970s with some newer fixtures. Westin Heavenly Bed is excellent as always. Sleep quality would have been higher except for the clanging of the San Francisco Cable Cars going up and down Powell Street. WIreless internet for a fee
My recommendation would be for business travelers who might not be turned off by the rather dated dark-wood "mens club" feel that might be disappointing to vacationers visiting San Francisco who have a host of more stylish options within San Francisco. The exceptional service brings my overall review up from "Good" to "Very Good"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than just a hotel, The Westin St. Francis is a destination where you can unwind and be pampered by attentive, world-class service. As the only hotel located on Union Square, we are celebrated for our historic Magneta Grandfather Clock, a popular gathering place for generations of travelers, as well as our commitment to guest renewal and relaxation. Explore this legendary landmark, which has drawn locals and visitors for more than a century with our distinguished service and through the timeless refrain "Meet me under the clock!" Inside our warm and welcoming San Francisco luxury hotel, marble columns, ornate balconies, and intricate woodwork transport guests back to the elegance of yesteryear. Yet these magnificent appointments are balanced by modern, groundbreaking amenities including the revolutionary Heavenly Bed, our Starwood Preferred Guest rewards program, and employees dedicated to making you feel at home. Book one of our downtown San Francisco hotel rooms and discover the allure of the city's most charismatic and vital setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splitty, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin St. Francis Hotel San Francisco
- Westin St Francis
- Westin San Francisco
- Westin Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin