Stayed 3 nights recently in a room in the older part of the hotel. The room was clean, bed comfortable but the room was small for the 2 of us with 2 large suitcases. Not enough room to unpack so basically lived out of the suitcase for the 3 days. I asked the receptionist if we had the correct room for our booking as we had booked through a travel agent, the room being quoted as queen sized bed; she did offer another room but was not particularly pleasant and as this was the start of our dream holiday I didnt want any fuss, so we settled with the room. When we booked in we had the 2 suitcases with us so it was pretty obvious that the room would have been no good. But we were out sightseeing all day so could cope.
I was annoyed by an incident in the coffee shop where my husband was 'ignored' in the queue one morning by what seemd to be a supervisor. The supervisor served some customers in suits and told my husband, who was so obviously a tourist, to stand to one side: it was so blatant that another customer actually insisted on paying for my husband's coffee.
I am sure there are better hotels in the area that would appreciate holidaymakers. The location was good, however there is a big problem with beggars in San Francisco and at the entrance to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than just a hotel, The Westin St. Francis is a destination where you can unwind and be pampered by attentive, world-class service. As the only hotel located on Union Square, we are celebrated for our historic Magneta Grandfather Clock, a popular gathering place for generations of travelers, as well as our commitment to guest renewal and relaxation. Explore this legendary landmark, which has drawn locals and visitors for more than a century with our distinguished service and through the timeless refrain "Meet me under the clock!" Inside our warm and welcoming San Francisco luxury hotel, marble columns, ornate balconies, and intricate woodwork transport guests back to the elegance of yesteryear. Yet these magnificent appointments are balanced by modern, groundbreaking amenities including the revolutionary Heavenly Bed, our Starwood Preferred Guest rewards program, and employees dedicated to making you feel at home. Book one of our downtown San Francisco hotel rooms and discover the allure of the city's most charismatic and vital setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin St. Francis Hotel San Francisco
- Westin St Francis
- Westin San Francisco
- Westin Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin