“Blah at best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis) (Union Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shopping Package
Ranked #39 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Los Angeles, California
“Blah at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Let me first start by saying that I had high hopes for this hotel. Based on previous reviews and the price point that it was measured at, I was expecting a really nice hotel. I traveled here one week prior to the Superbowl and this $400+ a night hotel was on discount for $180. I thought to myself "wow" what a steal so I had to take advantage. First impressions when arriving at the hotel was that it was in a really good location right next to Union Square. Taking the BART from SFO and getting off at Powell St put me about a ten minute walk to the front door of the hotel. Upon arriving my girlfriend and I were greeted with warm towels and they even checked us in 2 hours earlier. I thought to myself "Man I scored with this place." But sadly this was where it all ended for me.

Once we exited the elevator and got off on our floor (5th floor), it smelled like old damp carpet. Upon entering the room, that smell was multiplied and it smelled like a wet dog had been in our room for weeks. Think of an old person's house with that musty, non circulating air. The room was rather small but I knew that I was getting into that prior to booking. The sink is actually right by the doorway so it is outside of the bathroom itself. The bathroom was also old and in need of upgrades. The tub leaked water onto the floor and they attempted to fix this problem by creating these high ridges on the edge of the tub which made it look rather tacky. Needless to say even those failed and we had wet floors every night we were there. I used the iron in the room on the second day and being careless and thinking that this nice hotel would routinely check their irons, I pressed it onto my shirt. Only to find out that the previous user had burned something on that iron and it stuck to my shirt. Thankfully it did not ruin it.

I had high hopes for this place and I really wish I could have liked it more.

Room Tip: Get the higher floors to get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple
      Rooms

nice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The location has always been excellent, next to Union Square, close to Market, with lots of restaurants, shops, theaters around
the renovations have made the hotel even more appealing, as well as a pleasant and obliging staff
will be back

• Stayed February 2016, traveled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I was pleasantly surprised by the Warwick. Great location, friendly staff, everything you need for a short stay. The room I stayed in was fine for me - I was travelling solo for work. It would have probably been a bit too small if I had been staying with my partner. Only 2 minor downsides - sink is in the living area (not in the bathroom) which means there isn't a lot of counter space, and the internet was a little unreliable at times. Overall though, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our second stay at this hotel.
Rooms are spacious and well kept. Furniture is vintage, with new paint. Room smells like a building of its age in SF.

Room 201 is located directly above a mechanical room. You could feel the vibration if you put your hand against the wall and the noise was unbearable. A call to the front desk was met with indifference. The hotel was booked up and they could not move us to another room. Fron desk staff said they would let the manager know. As you could imagine, we never heard anything from the manager.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Mario T
Monterey Peninsula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Best Romantic Stay Ever! My husband and I are travelers and have stayed many places but the Warwick by far has been the Best Place! The room was Impressive, Delightfully decorated and extremely Cozy & Comfy. Every single staff member we encounter were Extremely Polite and Welcoming. Special Kudos to Tiffany(front desk) Mike (bartender). Tiffany certainly has traits of a boyscout: Kind, Courteous, Helpful, & Very Professional. Mike was very entertaining and offered up advise on nightlife in SF. We have found our quick go-to hotel when staying in SF, we look forward to staying at the Warwick our next stay in SF. Great Location!

Stayed January 2016
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Upon check in I was placed in a room on the 6th floor. I was checked in a bit early which was nice. When I went to use the shower it was completely broke the handle to turn it on was snapped of and was just spinning round and round. The maintenance staff couldn't fix it at such a late hour and requested I be moved. Initially the hotel said they where fully booked.... They went away and I was delivered a new key for a new room ?!?! The new room was much larger and was a very nice accommodation. The bar downstairs was great had a few cocktails and some bar food. My only compliant was the WIFI was horrendous couldn't get any signal at all. All in all I would stay again for sure.

Stayed January 2016, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent three night in a junior suite with a 'Juliet' balcony. The room was spacious with a stunning decor. We appreciated having a couch as well as a chair in the room, a spacious desk area and the chance to spy on Geary St at any time. The in-room coffe was the best we have had anywhere and we really appreciated that. From here we had easy acces to many areas. It was very easy for us ot get around. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We would go back there.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple