Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Marilyn

Incredible

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 21, 2019via mobile
The bellman was very nice, helped me to my room gave me suggestions on my trip. The next day asked how my night worked out. Remember me and our whole conversation.

The staff had amazing customer service. I felt safe, and I felt like my business was valued.

I never told them it was my birthday, and there was a cupcake and a card from the hotel waiting for me.

I would happily bring my children here.
Trip type: Traveled solo
1.2 miles from The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
Fitness center
View more hotels in San Francisco
1,819 results
All reviews club level fortune cookies nob hill one bedroom suite house car beautiful hotel union square car service lobby bar the entire staff an upgrade valet parking the financial district cable car fisherman's wharf rc concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

We came back after years and were hoping we would find it as good as last time. The hotel has been overhauled and the rooms are very nice. We had a suite and that was outstanding. What however remains the unique part of this hotel is its staff. Especially the club lounge staff goes out of its way to make you super comfortable. This has not changed and remains compared to the other Ritz’ we stayed at, superb at the SF Ritz. Compliments to all but especially Rudy.

We enjoyed it and will come back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Wereldreiziger987
Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

This was my third visit to SF. The good thing is that not much has changed. The main attractions are still the bridge, the prison and the cable cars. The bad thing is that the rest of the world and the areas around SF has, which is probably why many people has moved out of the city. We decided for Ritz to be centrally located, but not really sure if that was the case. There is not really anything around the corner near the hotel, and as the streets are pretty steep around the hotel, it’s s not that easy to walk to anything of interest. We used Uber to get around. The hotel is old, and that is not a problem, but its not well maintained. Check in/out is effective, and the room had lots of light. But windows are old, could not close completely, floor is dirty and you need to wear shoes etc. Nothing dramatic, but not 5 star. The only complain we have, is the quality of the food. We used the restaurant, the in room dining and had club lounge access. The club lounge is more of an all inclusive concept. There is no lounge feeling in any way. All in all not worth the money and not a 5 star hotel. Will not come back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank 828PeterC
RitzCarltonSF, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2019

Dear 828PeterC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share details about your stay. We truly value guest feedback as it allows us to refine and improve our service and facilities. On behalf of all our Ladies and Gentlemen, I extend my deepest regret that our location, food and overall experience was not to your satisfaction. If you could kindly contact me on the number below, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail.

Thank you again for your time.

Kunal Juneja
Hotel Manager
(415) 740-8553

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful hotel from the outside and in the lobby. But, rooms are dated. Bathroom has yellowed/stained marble. The shower is small for modern standards and has no water pressure. The point of a luxury hotel is a great bathroom and a great shower. Bed was great. But, again just too dated. Needs a Reno.

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank 131ianz
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

Loved the old style charm of this hotel. Beautiful and large rooms. Great service throughout the hotel. Lounge was very comfortable and bartenders were very friendly. Easy walk to office buildings nearby (but it’s steep up and down the hill!)

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank MBDinNJ
Reviewed July 13, 2019

Wife and I spent our wedding anniversary at this hotel, letting them know about the special occasion. We've stayed in some of the finest hotels in the US and the Ritz has to be the best experience we've had. First, the doormen are outstanding. They are responsive, professional and have an amazing knack of remembering your name and details of your stay. (Particularly since the number of people they encounter on any given day has to be in the hundreds...) The front desk can get a little overwhelmed, but the staff there makes up for the wait. Everyone we encountered, from Jaimie and Mark, the doormen, to Luis who delivered our breakfast, and the unknown housekeeper who knew it was our anniversary and spread fresh rose petals on our bed during turn down service while we were at dinner did an amazing job. We'll definitely be back.

Room tip: Any room is great and quiet, but a corner room will have the best views.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple