JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$239
$336
$204
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$197
$299
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$205
$189
Agoda.com
1,909 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeunion squareseparate showershower stalljunior suitelobby barthird floorstreet noisefitness centerhigh floorbusiness tripluxury hotelcity viewrooms are nicecorner roomvalet parkingbusiness center
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Travel every week and in SF often. First time at this property and was I ever pleasantly surprised. The Union Square area is full of boutique hotels, some great inside and out and some with a nice facade and really poor interior and staff. The JW has that boutique feel at the entry level and very nicely appointed. And then you get to the 3rd floor lobby and it transforms to a larger, very nice hotel. From front desk to the concierge to the wait staff - all superior service and personality. A huge bonus for a weekly coast-to-coast traveler is the concierge lounge is open 24/7 and has breakfast on weekends, which is different from most full-serve Marriotts. I travel odd hours, work odd hours and sleep odd hours, so being able to go to the lounge for coffee/refreshments/snacks at all hours is huge!. Bartender Chris is one of the best I've come across and Nasser, the Director of Ops took the time to welcome me and show his appreciation for my business. At a competitive rate to the lesser boutiques in the area, the JW Marriott will be my choice!

Room Tip: AAA rate was same as a few other hotels I've stayed at in the area that where no better than a 2 rating
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed April 8, 2014

You could be anywhere in the world really. Consistent Marriott service. We arrived early (8am) and were given a room within 30 mins!

Pros
Location (Union Sq)
Room Size =huge
Free Wifi in lobby (we had it in our rooms on Lvl 1 too)
Clean

Avoid
Poor service and high prices at Lobby bar.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nish M
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my experience at the JW. We stayed there for three nights on a weekend trip to San Francisco. We are gold members at Marriott and this hotel has great benefits.

The guys that work outside were very helpful, friendly and courteous. Upon arrival I really felt the JW experience that makes it top of the line within the Marriott family. The rooms are nice, good bonus with a wine opener and glasses in the room. Very useful to have accessible in Northern California. We wanted to watch something off of our computer and project to our TV using the media box provided. At other hotels we need to call the front desk, they would be confused and then call facilities, and it would be almost not worth it in the end. At the JW we called and they told us the cable was in the top drawer next to the TV. And it was!

The concierge lounge is small but great. Good quality food items throughout the day. Espresso machine. The evening food options were amazing when we were there.

Loved the JW!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a larger bathroom with a separate shower and tub. Although more luxurious, the water pressure suffered in this room since it was split between two items.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Busy, modern, convenient. Didn't have to walk a mile to the elevators. Rooms very clean and fresh linens, comfortable beds.
We'd stay there again for sure.
Food at hotel quite pricey, would eat elsewhere for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from elevator. They were very accomodating.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Even though we made sure our account was at a zero balance upon leaving, two days later a charge of $6.53 magically appears on my credit card - for a supposed pack of M&Ms from the minibar. That would be the minibar that I did not dare to even open as I read the warning on the outside. They invite you to pull out and look over the items and "read" the product information, but caution that if you withdraw an item for more than 20 seconds the computerized system will automatically charge the item to your room. I laughingly commented to my wife that you better be a speed reader if you plan on doing that!

So, I have to waste my time calling the hotel (being put on hold several times), only to be told that they are sorry, but nothing can be done about the situation without me speaking to their accounting department (who I have to leave a message with, to have them call me back - more wasting of my time). The accounting department, for a $6.53 pack of M&Ms that I did not have. Really?? Really??

Okay, want to be treated well? My advice is look elsewhere, as you won't find any special treatment here. At least we did not, in our two night stay. The room was comfortable, but there are a number of hotels that can provide the same or better at considerably less cost. The location is good, but again, there are a number of very good hotels in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Any room in a nearby hotel would be a good start! Lol
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank brotherterrance
alex9297, Director of Hotel Operations at JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear brotherterrance,

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott San Francisco, and sharing your experience with the hotel. I will be addresing the item you pointed out to the correct department. Please email me your name and your stay date at nasser.mobarak@marriott.com. Thank you again for your input. If there is anything more I can do to win your confidence, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,