Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Christmas Party FUN FUN

We started our company Christmas weekend with the Palace Games - Houdini Room and Roosevelt Room... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Dominic S
Pleasanton, California
Fun

Engaging, creative, fun. This adventure was well designed,safe and professional. Thank you for all... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from $70.00
from $68.00
from $192.50
More Info
All reviews roosevelt room escape room solve puzzles seconds to spare great group thomas edison team building event problem solving story line year olds super fun cool experience amazing experience behind the scenes a lot of fun couple of hours houdini
Reviewed October 8, 2015

This is highly professional, fun, interesting and hard!! If you like a good brain teaser or puzzle, this is a must do!

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed September 28, 2015

I have done around 15 escape rooms from Vegas to Orlando and The Houdini Room is hands-down the best one I have done. It is the only one I was able to play in the San Francisco area.

The room was themed well and the elements were beautiful. The puzzles were challenging, but we never had to rely on hints to get by. We took a group of 11 and escaped about four minutes after the 80 minute limit. I was with a group of mainly first-timers and they all loved it. There are enough puzzles that can be worked on simultaneously that no one has to stand around and watch. There was a nice use of technology, but it was still simple enough that it did not feel out of place in the room. There was not a lot of needless searching for pieces to puzzles which was refreshing. Everything we needed was pretty easy to find and we were able to focus our efforts on solving puzzles. There were a few nice surprises in the room that weren't like anything I had seen previously. Palace games definitely set the bar in my escape room book.

The Palace of Fine Arts is also pretty cool itself.

3  Thank paburks
Reviewed September 26, 2015

I've done one escape room previously and many treasure hunts and puzzles games in the past but this one was amazing. Chris has designed a very cohesive and thematically consistent set of puzzles and meta-puzzles that really fit together quite nicely. We had four adults and three kids (ages 6-10) - a combo that was definitely too junior in terms of the participants. I think the kids enjoyed it for the atmosphere and running thru the puzzles once the adults figured out what needs to happen. Our kids are very sharp but solving these puzzles was simply too challenging for them - I would recommend ages 12 and up. We ran out of time because we didn't have enough horsepower to solve all the challenges. Despite that, Chris came to help us thru some them so that we can get the full experience. Wonderful overall and I can't wait to try his next challenge with an appropriate team. Thank you for the fun and intellectually stimulating morning. If you've got a team of 8+ adults, don't miss this!

Reviewed September 14, 2015

I've heard of puzzle rooms but I can't imagine they get better than this. What a great way to bring a group of people together to solve your "escape." Great story line and thoughtful puzzling.

1  Thank MDieffenbach
Reviewed September 14, 2015

I have done a lot of problem solving games, and this was one of the best ever! My wife joined me and had never done something like this before. It was perfect for experienced and unexperienced gamers and had amazingly high production value. I only wish I could wipe my memory and play the houdini escape room all over again!

1  Thank Shane C