“Old fashioned Boutique Hotel”
Review of Hotel Majestic

Hotel Majestic
Ranked #116 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I loved it! From the valet parking to everything being original 100 year old styling....The mattresses were new though, and oh so comfy! The restaurant on site was beautiful and the service was great... but the food was good... not excellent. The staff throughout the building were all very kind and helpful as well as historically informative. I would recommend it and possibly return again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Suzanne L
PatelVik16, Owner at Hotel Majestic, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you Suzanne for you fantastic review! I would love to meet you upon your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Majestic

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Every anniversary we like to go away and we look for interesting places to stay. This year we went with Hotel Majestic.

I was attracted to the look of the hotel. We didnt want to stay where EVERYONE stays... chain hotels are NOT our thing. We love boutique hotels and boy was this one of those! Amazing place. Its beautiful charm. The hotels restaurant was gorgeous! we were served by a wonderful waitress and the food was amazing!

our hotel room was on the first floor tucked in the corner. We loved the fireplace in our room and the vintage furniture 4 post bed and claw foot tub and tile from the victorian era.

With that said, we were a little freaked out as we heard the hotel was haunted. The first night I couldnt sleep because of the stories we had heard, but the next night I was out like a light! Great location, great price, great experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Vivian G

Dear Vivian,

Terribly sorry you couldn't sleep at night due to our "friendly" ghosts. don't worry the ghost stays in the room "407" according to the stories. Love it or hate it, it's part of the 100+ year history of the hotel. I personally haven't heard/seen any ghosts though.

Still delightedly that you loved our hotel so much.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel is better than what I had expected. The room is small but I guess is good for a hotel in downtown sf?!? Just a reminder if u think that there is a stink on the sheet, make sure is not a shadow from the light first before u go down to the receptionist. The location is good; a friend said that is not in a bad area of downtown. I don't really have any compliant about the hotel except, from what I could see and maybe is just my room that there are only two outlets in the bathroom; good luck if u have a lot of electronics that need to be charged. Also maybe the hotel is older; they don't have good sound insulation. I didn't really encounter the sevice here but seems like they are nice people.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Catwoman3713

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I landed a Hotel Majestic reservation from Priceline. This is a retroactive post as I kept my notes on the hotel from the note app I had on my phone. I stayed here August 15-18, 2012. I stayed in room 215 which faced the front of the hotel, Sutter Street. If you’re a light sleeper, bring earplugs, as you hear all the street traffic out front. This hotel is ok for a short stay. Not recommended for lengthy stays. It’s a somewhat better than a shared hostel.

The Good:
The Hotel Majestic is in a great location; t’s close to Japantown (walking distance) and not too far from Union Square.

It’s also close to major bus lines like the 38 Geary which is great for getting around the city.

There is wifi internet access in rooms.

The Meh:
If you’re used to ‘business class’ travel then you’ll find the furnishings and decor old and in need of updating/replacement.

The main lobby/reception area has a computer station and printer which I used to print receipts and confirmations for tours and such, but be forewarned, it’s not very private. The Lobby sitting area is small but generally underused.

My room was small but cozy for one person, I think sharing the room would move this to the “too small” category.

The hotel staff are generally helpful with your requests, but for the most part they are mainly students just earning their keep. The housekeeping staff are friendly.

The Bad:
As mentioned, my room was noisy. Not because of my neighbours, but you could hear outside traffic all the time.

No breakfast included. There was complimentary coffee (I think) at the side of the bar at the entrance to the restaurant. I helped myself and no one said anything.

I was put off by what looked like vomit stains on one of the white curtains by the window. That cast heavy doubt on the cleanliness of the rest of the room so I tossed aside the top blanket and roll cushions into the closet.

As there was no built-in closet in the room there was a standing wardrobe which was rickety and shaky. Not that you’ll be bringing heavy winter coats on your trip, but an fyi in case you’re travelling with suits and heavy clothing for formal events.

As a female, I immediately noticed that there’s not enough hooks or racks in the bathroom. Here’s a tip for the hotel, if you want I conserve on laundry for towels, how about installing some more hooks and rails so that they can be dried properly & reused?

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that doesn't face the front of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank herroyalmelness

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review. We try to accommodate all guests as best we can. I will definitely comb through all the details and make sure they are taken care of.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel is Centrally located and the decor was full of character. The room we stayed in had a 4 poster bed and had no air condition but very warm. We had to open the window all night. if you need a Taxi, you're better off catching from outside the hotel. Breakfast room is very nicely decorated and food was satisfactory.

Room Tip: If you try to get a taxi, you're better off getting one from outside the hotel. Hotel parking is...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Conheand

Thank you for staying with us and dining with us. Many times people come to San Francisco and want to eat exquisite food, and at the Majestic Cafe and Butterfly Lounge, we try to live up to the hype!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Eva F

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wife and I stayed here before venturing off to Yosemite and we enjoyed it. The room was charming but comfortably furnished. The general cleanliness was good. The bathroom was clean even under the clawfoot style tub and the tile floor.

We were afraid being without airconditioning but there was a nice breeze.

We would stay again.

Nice location and easy parking that was free overnight if you just read the signs!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. A 5-star review now-a-days is like gold for us in the hotel industry. We sincerely hope you enjoyed the upgraded top-of-the-line beds!