My husband and I recently took a 10 day roadtrip around Northern(ish) California in late June/early July of 2014. I used Trip Advisor extensively in selecting hotels for this adventure. This review is part of that vacation. Day 4 - had 2 nights planned in the SF area and as you can imagine it's difficult to find places that are not just ridiculously expensive and since we were road tripping, we needed to park a car. That can be an additional 40-60 $$ a day. As we were about to book a hotel I had never heard of with quite the array of reviews we got this pop up offer on Hotels.com for The Fairmont. $219 a night including free parking. We took it. Again, we were not spending a lot of time in the hotel, just needed a place to sleep. It's a lovely historic hotel that is very well renovated. No counter space in the bathroom but did have a walk in closet to keep everything out of sight and the head valet is fabulous! He's been there 30 yrs and can answer any question you have about the city or getting around and was oh sooooo helpful.I'd only stay here if you get a great rate and after you compare it to some of the nearby options. We didn't have to worry about homeless folks bugging us here which was nice. It was a short cab right to some places and right on the Trolly line if you can find one that isn't full to over flowing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Fairmont San Francisco hotel provides accommodations that are a testament to luxury with 592 individually furnished and decorated guest rooms. The 62 elegant suites offer impressive views of the City and Bay. The hotel combines classic ambience with modern amenities. For business travelers, Fairmont San Francisco hotel accommodations features include a spacious work desk, multi-line telephone with voice-mail and High Speed Internet Access. Each of the hotel's spacious guest rooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, luxury linen ensembles and pillow top beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont