I really don't know where to begin. I had originally booked the Holiday Inn but as a surprise my wife had cancelled that and had booked the Fairmont for 4 nights. This is just a grand old style hotel with a rich history. Nothing beats a hotel with a rich history and the Fairmont love to show it in old photos from over the last hundred years. The foyer and Laurel Court are just unbelievable luxury in feel and to look at. As soon as you step into this hotel you are met with warmth greetings and hospitality. Our check in was seamless and the room was magnificent. The floor appeared to had just been refurbished and the smell of new carpet in the corridors as you stepped out of the lift gave it a real fresh feeling. We ate at the Laurel Court on one night. The food quality, drinks and service was of an excellent high standard but without the snobbiness that can exist at hotels around the world similar to this. You were made to feel relaxed and comfortable. We also had a night at the Tonga. Now I am not going to give much away with this but if you stay at the Fairmont or even in San Francisco you must go there. It is just the best food with a great 3 piece live band, dancing and a real blast of a an evening. The service here by the wait staff is nothing short of brilliant. There are a few surprises with the Tonga but I will not reveal them. You must find out for yourself!!! The location of the Fairmont is actually central and in easy walking distance to Fishermans Wharf, Union Square, is on the edge of China Town/Little Italy and the famous Cable Car goes past the hotel. This hotel would have to rate as one of the best we have stayed at (including our travels to NYC, Rome, London, Frankfurt just to name a few). When we checked out the desk clerk actually said thankyou for allowing the Fairmont to host you during your stay in SF". A nice touch. Would put this hotel at the top of my list of the best I have stayed at (The Steigenburger in Frankfurt just got knocked from my number 1 spot). This hotel is grand old style in everyway but it is the service from the staff that was the standout for me. Can't wait to come back to SF and oh yes, we will be at the Fairmont.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Fairmont San Francisco hotel provides accommodations that are a testament to luxury with 592 individually furnished and decorated guest rooms. The 62 elegant suites offer impressive views of the City and Bay. The hotel combines classic ambience with modern amenities. For business travelers, Fairmont San Francisco hotel accommodations features include a spacious work desk, multi-line telephone with voice-mail and High Speed Internet Access. Each of the hotel's spacious guest rooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, luxury linen ensembles and pillow top beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont