I love, love, love this place! This is my fourth time staying here and I will continue to stay here every time I come to San Francisco. Here's why:
1. Love the new look and I don't know how they did it; same hotel size but for some reason, the rooms just feel much bigger. The new beds are very comfortable as well.
2. Great location; close to China Town, Union Square and so many dining options nearby.
3. As mentioned, this is my fourth time staying here and I have consistently been impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and the customer service. This trip, however, was different because I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights with my sister and her children -- my first time staying with kids. The staff there were super nice to the kids. We arrived at 11 and check-in was at 3 but since rooms were available they allowed us to check in early without extra fees.
4. The kids loved the free hot chocolate, game board and movie check-out.
5. The hotel is small enough that whenever I decide to use the gym or sauna there is almost never anyone else around. LOL. I know some people might think that's creepy but I love it!
6. The fridge and dishes were helpful because the kids never wanted to eat when they were supposed to and got hungry when we were tired and didn't want to leave the room.
1. No swimming pool but there is a small 4 person jacuzzi that always seem to be occupied.
2. Valet parking only and it was a little pricy ($28 per day) but then again... it is San Francisco. The parking right next door is actually cheaper by a few dollars but we had already pulled in to the hotel parking so we figured, what the heck!
3. If your room is facing the streets it can get pretty loud at night despite how high up you are but if it is backing the back you'll have no problem sleeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Located in the heart of San Francisco's fashionable shopping and theater district by Union Square is the spacious Donatello. Settle into tastefully appointed rooms and enjoy the top floor fitness center, with a whirlpool spa and private saunas, which provides the perfect retreat after a day exploring the city. You can take a cable car up and down San Francisco 's colorful neighborhoods or explore the many streets of Chinatown. And when you work up an appetite in a city know for its cuisine, the Zingari Ristorante, located onsite, is a Northern Italian feast for the taste buds. Fully experience fine dining, theater and shopping in San Francisco at our luxurious retreat in the exciting City by the Bay-a San Francisco getaway perfect for romance, leisure and business travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Donatello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donatello Hotel San Francisco
- Donatello San Francisco