Have just spent 5 nights at the Donatello. Was fairly pleased with what was in offer. The hotel is conveniently located for Union Square just one block away.
1. Would not recommend the restaurant, we decided to eat there when we arrived after a full 24 hours of travel but it was the only time we did. Was overpriced and not that great!!
2. As the hotel is close to the square it can be a bit noisy late at night. Was particularly bad on Saturday night.
Lastly watch out for the taxi service if you leave early in the morning as we did. Seems like they may have some deal going with a private hire car. Not cheap!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Located in the heart of San Francisco's fashionable shopping and theater district by Union Square is the spacious Donatello. Settle into tastefully appointed rooms and enjoy the top floor fitness center, with a whirlpool spa and private saunas, which provides the perfect retreat after a day exploring the city. You can take a cable car up and down San Francisco 's colorful neighborhoods or explore the many streets of Chinatown. And when you work up an appetite in a city know for its cuisine, the Zingari Ristorante, located onsite, is a Northern Italian feast for the taste buds. Fully experience fine dining, theater and shopping in San Francisco at our luxurious retreat in the exciting City by the Bay-a San Francisco getaway perfect for romance, leisure and business travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Donatello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donatello Hotel San Francisco
- Donatello San Francisco