“Must Have Cocktail”

Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,044 of 5,735 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Folsom Street
Transit: Accessible by all major Muni lines and BART. Close to the 80 freeway onramp.
Red Bluff, California
“Must Have Cocktail”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

In an out-of-the way location, there is a little bar with a most wonderful bartender named Sean. Never knowing what kind of cocktail I want when given the option of "Anything" ~ I often ask for the bartender's own concoction ~ and this one was so good that I had to write about it ~ The perfect blending of cucumber, vodka, mint and more ~ Sean will not disappoint. His passion for what he does - he earns the title "excellent bartender" ~ and I encourage you to try to "Portrero Hill". Didn't eat, but food looked good - the reason for the 4 instead of 5 is because of the noise. Very modern with lots of echo ~ and I'm certain some will even like that.

• Visited August 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect food, wine, staff, atmosphere”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant via opentable.com because I needed a private party room to meet about 12 friends while I was back in SF for a visit. I wanted to really feel like I'm back in Cal, and had never heard of Local before so went with it on a whim. I am so glad I did! Sheri and her staff were awesome! I had very bad luck with my flight from Shanghai being canceled and she so kindly let me switch the party to the next night. The Wine Room atmosphere was perfect, my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and wine, and the staff was so attentive and helpful. I want to do this again next time I'm back in SF!

Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Local is in a hard to access location but the food and wine are fantastic. The menu is simple but everything is done well. The "local salad" and pizzas are always good. There are plenty of wines by the glass and a wine store connected to the restaurant where you can buy a bottle to take home if you are grabbing take out.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, MA
“Eclectic menu”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Ate here twice over the past week. Loved the quinoa stuffed artichokes. The pecan pie is to die for - not too sweet. Pizza was just OK, in my opinion.

Visited January 2013
“Great place for small groups or if u love wood fired pizza”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Great from the moment we got there - tables for up to 8 people no problem but lucky we had reserved as it gets busy. Good service and great wine list in addition to amazing wood fired pizzas that my friends had - I had the scallops and loved it. Great coffee finished off a fab experience! Defo go back next time - and the locals love it too so I can't be that far off!