“A couple of older couples has a great stay”

USA Hostels San Francisco
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had such an awesome time staying in the Hostel it had everything we could want and our friends stayed here to. They can tell you loads of interesting stuff to do and have some great deals as well. There were seven of us in total and we had to rooms each with two bunk beads and own bathroom. There were great cooking facilities downstairs with breakfast included in the price. It was very handy and had great security, at night time you new you were safe once you stepped in the door (the homeless along the streets were a bit freaky tho!!)

Room Tip: There are lots of options in your room type it's best to decide what you want and have a look on...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

First of all the hostel is in a great neighborhood!
Nearby the Cable Car turnaround and the best shops, it`s in a central location for people who want to go to different sides of the city, just like to the Castro or to Marina, if you are nearby the Market Street you can get anywhere. Btw, riding in the Cable Cars is way too funny for you to miss it, so buy a city pass and enjoy if for free, if you get separated passes it will be expensive.

The hostel itself has great accomodation and a nice place for you to hang out during breakfast or late at night. They provide a lot of things for you to do for free, just like going to a nightclb nearby with nice music.

The room was clean, the bathroom was big and the lockers inside the room were really helpful. I had no trouble sleeping, not too much noise and my roomates were pretty polite. I needed help from the staff a few times and they all were really helpfull and kind. One of the best rooms I've stayed while on hostels.

I fell in love with Sanfran and the hostel helped me to find it easy to go around and to get back at night. I`m trully happy!

Room Tip: I stayed in a 4 beds female dorm with bathroom, it was great! :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've spent 3 nights in this hostel with a group of students the communal space were great. Pool table amongst other were awesome.
The rooms were clean so the restrooms and showers.
Very close to the square for shopping too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've just spent a week in this hostel during the busy October period. Despite being busy (I think it was booked up completely on some nights) the hostel was a cool, relaxed place to spend time in between sight seeing. The rooms are what I expected, functional and clean, and the communal spaces were the best I've seen in a hostel. Having the pool table and mini-movie theatre (along with many other things) was real bonus. I also took part in a whole range of events organised by the hostel and they all provided lots of fun memories and chances to meet people while seeing the best of what San Francisco has to offer!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a 4 Night Stay in October at the USA Hostel. We had a 4 Bed Dorm because the Privates were sold out. The whole hostel is really nice.... but remember its a hostel for budget travellers. The only bad thing was that a Homeless guy sneaked into our Room and slept there. Terrible Noise and smell kept me up all night. Location is nice and the accept drinking everywhere. (Important for me as a European) Would recommend this to people with low standards and backpack-travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed at USA hostels in a private bunk room with ensuite. The location is very good, making it great value for money. The staff are very helpful, security is very good and the hostel is very clean. Check out nearby Sky Bar for a great pub meal away from the tourist traps. Only downside are the little reminders that it is a youth hostel....there can be a little noise on pub night resulting some of the toilets 'Out of Order' due to some heavy drinking, but in terms of value for money, this can be overlooked.

Room Tip: Private room with ensuite.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2013

San Fran was our first stop on our trip to the US and after a 13 hour flight from the UK I was worried about what we were getting ourselves into and wishing we'd booked a hotel! However this was so, so unfounded! USA Hostels was such a good experience, the staff were so friendly and helpful and the room and bathrooms were clean! The lockers in the room were a really good size, and the little personal touches with the beds - the little personal light, shelf and little private area were really good!
Breakfast is included in the price and was really good, helped us to save a bit of money! Location was good, there is plenty of shops and some little takeaway food places nearby and we personally walked everywhere from the hostel. (I do like walking though, I'm not sure everybody would enjoy the walk to Pier 39!)
There were plenty of activities organised too, which would be great for a solo traveler! I think if I had been traveling alone it would have been easy to make friends here, :)
I am already planning my next trip to San Fran and will absolutely be staying here!! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends