1,293 results
All reviews bed dorm hostel offers daily activities privacy screen i stayed in a private room union square free breakfast great facilities post street power outlets common room common areas own bathroom public transport clean rooms tenderloin few blocks
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Hostel is very clean and safe. Location is close to everything. the Staff are super friendly and helpful. Had a 4 bed female dorm with ensuite and cannot fault room. Breakfast is pretty good too. Conveniently has an ATM in Lobby and a conscience store across the road.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

On first impressions this place is quite rundown looking and the lobby room isnt very welcoming. (they were going through repairs) However, the staff make up for that. Very friendly people to greet you. The rooms were good, provided with your own locker (i was in a 4 bed all F room) and you have your own outlet by your bed which was great! I can imagine it would be quite noisy on the first floor because of the lounge downstairs but i had no problems on the 2nd floor.
Convenience store right across the st where your able to buy your own alcohol and drink it in the lounge. Good kitchen facilities.. and despite what some reviewers have said about the free breakfast - i thought it was more than ample and a rare plus staying at a hostel. I never expect free breakfast..
If i was to come back to San Fransisco though, i would try and find a place in a bit nicer area of town. But it is very conveniently located!

Room tip: Higher floors have less noise from basement lounge
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We got a private en suite room. Very clean and spacious. Go for it, spend a little more to have some privacy, a view and a big toilet. Felt like a hotel, but hostel price.
Breakfast is FREE. Yummy bagels (lots of them with different flavours), fruits, cereals,...more than any other hostel will provide.
Very nice kitchen area. Very clean
oh ya, free coffee & tea 24/7!!

Free super fast wifi internet!!LOVE!! You can connect wifi in your room, not like other hostel, only in the lounge area

There is a lift for your big luggages. Staffs are forever helpful and answer all questions.

Less than 5 mins walk to Powell Cable Car, or just hop on the cable car infront H&M (jst around the corner)
1 min walk to Union Square
2 mins walk to yummy Chesse Cake Factory

Lot's of activities, but too bad we didn't have time to join any.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirniong
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time staying in a hostel. I really enjoyed this hostel for it's location and cleanliness. The free breakfast was also very enjoyable. I stayed in a 4 bed mix, and I loved the fact that there was a sink in our room. The showers were very clean, our beds were made every day. Some people complain about it being noisy, I do not have any comments on it as I did not find it was noisy at all. The only thing that was less than nice is that they lock the kitchen after a certain time. We went on one of their pub crawls, (which I do NOT recommend) and when we got back for a snack, there was a pad lock blocking off the kitchen area. I don't know if this is normal for hostels, but at 23y/o I'd like to be the judge of when I want to eat. Other than that, service was good a part from 1 of their front desk persons. Airport Shuttle was 25 minutes late for pickup. I would still recommend staying here as the location is great!

1  Thank AcadianTraveler_1990
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice room, great location, friendly and helpful staff. The clientel were nice but since I was there just a few hours (to get sleep), I interacted primarily with the front desk staff. All were VERY helpful. I was glad I got a single room that happened to have a sink (it also had a microwave and refrigerator which I didn't use). As someone traveling alone, this was a pretty good value for my money. There were many homeless people around the area. That was the primary downfall for the location. I also felt the clientel left the showers a mess (with their trash) and the halls and elevators had beer bottles and cans left by others in corners. I appreciated the make your own/all you can eat pancake breakfast and juice/coffee in the morning.

Room tip: I like my privacy. I got a single room with a sink (and microwave and refrigerator). As an older (mid 40s) single traveler, this was a wise option for me.
Date of stay: April 2013