1,286 results
All reviews bed dorm free pancakes hostel offers daily activities privacy screen big kitchen union square post street great facilities power outlets private bathroom common room common areas public transport clean rooms few blocks tenderloin
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We got a private en suite room. Very clean and spacious. Go for it, spend a little more to have some privacy, a view and a big toilet. Felt like a hotel, but hostel price.
Breakfast is FREE. Yummy bagels (lots of them with different flavours), fruits, cereals,...more than any other hostel will provide.
Very nice kitchen area. Very clean
oh ya, free coffee & tea 24/7!!

Free super fast wifi internet!!LOVE!! You can connect wifi in your room, not like other hostel, only in the lounge area

There is a lift for your big luggages. Staffs are forever helpful and answer all questions.

Less than 5 mins walk to Powell Cable Car, or just hop on the cable car infront H&M (jst around the corner)
1 min walk to Union Square
2 mins walk to yummy Chesse Cake Factory

Lot's of activities, but too bad we didn't have time to join any.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirniong
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time staying in a hostel. I really enjoyed this hostel for it's location and cleanliness. The free breakfast was also very enjoyable. I stayed in a 4 bed mix, and I loved the fact that there was a sink in our room. The showers were very clean, our beds were made every day. Some people complain about it being noisy, I do not have any comments on it as I did not find it was noisy at all. The only thing that was less than nice is that they lock the kitchen after a certain time. We went on one of their pub crawls, (which I do NOT recommend) and when we got back for a snack, there was a pad lock blocking off the kitchen area. I don't know if this is normal for hostels, but at 23y/o I'd like to be the judge of when I want to eat. Other than that, service was good a part from 1 of their front desk persons. Airport Shuttle was 25 minutes late for pickup. I would still recommend staying here as the location is great!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank AcadianTraveler_1990
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice room, great location, friendly and helpful staff. The clientel were nice but since I was there just a few hours (to get sleep), I interacted primarily with the front desk staff. All were VERY helpful. I was glad I got a single room that happened to have a sink (it also had a microwave and refrigerator which I didn't use). As someone traveling alone, this was a pretty good value for my money. There were many homeless people around the area. That was the primary downfall for the location. I also felt the clientel left the showers a mess (with their trash) and the halls and elevators had beer bottles and cans left by others in corners. I appreciated the make your own/all you can eat pancake breakfast and juice/coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: I like my privacy. I got a single room with a sink (and microwave and refrigerator). As an older (mid 40s) single traveler, this was a wise option for me.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

As far as hostels go, this one is top notch. We stayed in a private room with bathroom, so it was basically like a hotel, for a lot cheaper. Very clean, we'll maintained. Prime location. Fun activities too, the pub crawl was great.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very, very nice hostel, a little expensive for a hostel, but this one was really clean and well maintained. I stayed in an all-female dorm which was pretty spacious. The lockers were big enough to put your luggage in, bathrooms were really clean, and the people are friendly and helpful. It's a great base to explore San Francisco. Public transportation's just a short walk away, and you can book tours through the hostel too! I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo