1,277 results
All reviewsbed dormfree pancakeshostel offersdaily activitiesprivacy screenbig kitchenunion squarepost streetgreat facilitiespower outletsprivate bathroomcommon roomcommon areaspublic transportclean roomstenderloinfew blocks
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice room, great location, friendly and helpful staff. The clientel were nice but since I was there just a few hours (to get sleep), I interacted primarily with the front desk staff. All were VERY helpful. I was glad I got a single room that happened to have a sink (it also had a microwave and refrigerator which I didn't use). As someone traveling alone, this was a pretty good value for my money. There were many homeless people around the area. That was the primary downfall for the location. I also felt the clientel left the showers a mess (with their trash) and the halls and elevators had beer bottles and cans left by others in corners. I appreciated the make your own/all you can eat pancake breakfast and juice/coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: I like my privacy. I got a single room with a sink (and microwave and refrigerator). As an older (mid 40s) single traveler, this was a wise option for me.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

As far as hostels go, this one is top notch. We stayed in a private room with bathroom, so it was basically like a hotel, for a lot cheaper. Very clean, we'll maintained. Prime location. Fun activities too, the pub crawl was great.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very, very nice hostel, a little expensive for a hostel, but this one was really clean and well maintained. I stayed in an all-female dorm which was pretty spacious. The lockers were big enough to put your luggage in, bathrooms were really clean, and the people are friendly and helpful. It's a great base to explore San Francisco. Public transportation's just a short walk away, and you can book tours through the hostel too! I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank yewang2
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I like the location, I did not know that this was such a party hostel though. Staff were very friendly, and nice. Beds are comfortable. One thing that really stuck out to me about this place, was in the lockers there were power outlets, as well as outlets that are attached to both levels of the bunk beds. The free breakfast was cool as well. I liked how they had it set up, you go into the kitchen and the stuff is there for you, and you make it yourself.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here with my fiancé in early march. Very clean and comfortable room, staff are very pleasant, great tourist information posted around the hostel and a free continental breakfast included in the morning.

The only thing was it was very noisy. Constant banging of door, I think, which may be a problem if you are a light sleeper.

Based on my stay I would stay here again. Very reasonable price, especially for San Francisco.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple