1,277 results
All reviewsbed dormfree pancakeshostel offersdaily activitiesprivacy screenbig kitchenunion squarepost streetgreat facilitiespower outletsprivate bathroomcommon roomcommon areaspublic transportclean roomsfew blockstenderloin
Reviewed February 22, 2011

One of the cleanest hostels I stayed in. Really nice rooms with locker storage. Lovely, clean bathrooms. The staff were really friendly and helpful. There were loads of activities on like: karaoke night, movie night, pub crawl night. Free all you can make pancakes for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Two female friends and I stayed at this San Francisco hostel. It was perfect. After several bad picks with other hostels it was such a suprise how enjoyable USA was. The staff were the most helpful people I've ever encountered. There was always an event being organised so the guests could mingle if they chose to. We had a 4 bed mixed dorm and shared with an English girl the first night and a German man for the next week. Not a single problem arose. The security for the building is a nice modern key card system. Showers were cleaned every day. The bedding was fresh. The lockers were large and contained electrical power points.The room had heating which was great for the typical unpredictable San Francisco weather. There was a movie room which we used once or twice. Internet was rather expensive if you have to use the provided machines but if you travel with a laptop it's free and fast.
The pancake cooking in the morning was actually a lot of fun and the free tea and coffee and the access to a fully stocked kitchen and fridge storage was really handy.
Everything was easy access around the hotel, from chemists to shops, transport and markets... fantastic location. My only recommendation is if you take arrive from the Greyhound please don't try and walk it with your suitcase. San Francisco is nortoriously 'hilly' and it was a hell of a walk. Just catch a taxi when you have your luggage, it's not far or expensive.
All in all san Francisco was a highlight of our trip and USA Hostels just made it all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2011

The hostel was clean and the team were super friendly. They are always available to give advice on whats best to see and how to get to the sites. They also have various offers available with sightseeing tours that are well worth looking in to. I was travelling on my own and was a little apprehensive, but my fears were laid to rest when upon arrival, I immediately met other travellers who were happy to chat and hang out. The common room in the cellar is also a great meeting place. The location is ideal for walking to China Town andUnion Square. Bus, BART and Muni transport also closly available. I would definately stay here again when I come back to San Francisco.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I enjoyed my stay, the service was friendly, the free pancakes were awesome and free wi-fi was available! The location was very convenient to all the attractions, you could either walk or get a bus or streetcar. The rooms were a bit cramped, but fairly clean.

I didn't attend to, but the hostel seemed to run a lot of events. Also I stayed in Summer and payed a reasonable price, which is probably high season. So, a fun, cheap hostel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We stayed in a private room with an en suite, and we felt as if we were in a hotel. The location was great within short walking distance to Union Square and restaurants and night life spots. The people working here were friendly and helpful and the rooms were comfy, roomy and great. And it was so quiet. Everyone kept quiet you hardly saw anyone at all. We stayed on the 3rd floor which we were told is the quietest floor. There was free laundry soap and the washing machines were only $1.50 and driers $1.00 and the laundry was open 24hours! Also the wifi was great, it worked in our room and was very fast. Had the best time in San Francisco, I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple