“Cute beach-themed rooms close to Fishermans Wharf!” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Ranked #109 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Cute beach-themed rooms close to Fishermans Wharf!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

Our excellent experience began with check-in and Margarita. She was the best receptionist I have ever met! We arrived at 10:00 AM and she quickly located open rooms on the same floor for our party of 10 - allowing us to leave our luggage and explore San Francisco without worry. Upon our return in the evening, we found bottles of sparkling wine sent to every room by Margarita! Not once in my years of traveling has a front desk clerk made such a concerted effort to make me feel so welcome. Sheraton would do well to promote her!
Also, the concierge was quite helpful in locating restaurants, public transportation and more.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Dear LindaandLarry, thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for the across-the-board 5-star review! Margarita from our front desk was thrilled to see your comments and we presented her with a service award this week for the outstanding job she does in representing our hotel and serving our guests. I will also thank our concierge as well for helping you nagivate all of the best spots in the city. Return often and warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

We loved the hotel it had a fantastic location.... minutes from Fishermans Wharf, Bourdin Bakery which serves the most amazing sour dough bread and the tram stopped at the end of the street. Also Ghirardelli square is nearby with cafes and shops and you must try the chocolate.
The room was really nice on the top floor and I loved the decor. I couldn't fault the bathroom .....how much room do you need its really nice to be able to still use the sink if someone is on the loo or in the shower!
The room did occaionally seem to shake but I think that was a truck going by or maybe an earthquake!! We had no trouble sleeping and loved the fire pits outside for drinks, we always got talking to someone while sitting outside.
Definately take the bus tour and visit Alcatraz while in San Francisco.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Dear Sbuntie, thank you for the great review regarding your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to see you rated the overall epxerience 5-star in addition to our service, cleanliness, location and rooms. Thank you also for the tip for other readers to stop by Boudin Bakery's sourdough museum and restaurant. Only a block away, Boudin's is a great foodie attraction that draws in visitors from all over the city ... just from the incredible bakery smell that wafts along the Wharf. We hope you will return soon! Thanks again and warm regards,
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I got a room in there with a discount room website so I got a handicap room when I checked in (I'm not handicap) and I didn't pay full price for a room.
I'm glad I didn't pay full price, my room was looking at a bus parking lot and the street, around 2 in the morning people was screaming outside, loud music, for around an hour.
Finally around 3 am, I'm thinking I'm going to sleep...well, next room to me, decided to have a prty as well, I called security and I'm not sure if they show up or not because the party was for another hour at least.
At 5 am. when I was almost out sleeping, somebody turned the radio on until 8 am!!
I'm sure is not all the hotel responsability but trust me, my room on the 2500's was not quiet at all.
The hotel is clean, remodeled, very busy in the lobby, outside they have now some sofas with fire pits, they look good. Parking is very expensive, $45 plus taxes, park across the street for $35.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Elvo7e, thank you for your recent review of our hotel and the 5-star rating of our service and location. I am so sorry you were disturbed by nearby guests during one of the evenings of your stay. Although you are correct we have limited ability to stop someone from screaming outside on a side street, we certainly could have moved you to a quieter location. I do apologize this occurred and hope we can make it up to you on your next visit by blocking one of our interior courtyard rooms. Just let us know and we'll take care of that request when to reserve. Thanks again for your stay, safe travels and warm regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Very friendly check in staff, who also helped us during check out. Location in fisherman wharf is great next to a supermarket and price we paid for the service and great room with a balcony opening to the swimming pool was very well worth it. Definitely a good deal for san francisco!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Gerald88, thank you so much for your outstanding review of our hotel. I was very pleased to see the across-the-board 5-star rating you gave us for all components of your stay and that you found our desk staff to be very friendly and helpful. I most certainly will pass on your kind comments to our desk team and thank you again for your patronage. Visit often and warm regards,
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We ended up at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf through Priceline so, we were already getting a great deal and weren't expecting much more. Upon check in and learning that it was my mom's birthday, Margarita at the front desk really took care of us. She found us a great room with a patio and even sent a birthday card with cake, a bottle of wine and fruit and cheeses to the room. It was a wonderful surprise and a welcome that will make us want to stay there again. The rooms are standard for a hotel of this level, clean and roomy enough for us. We really did like the location though. It was great to be walking distance from the cable car turn around as well as several Muni stops and yet far enough from the tourists and the others that hang out at Fisherman's Wharf. All in all a great hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear ShoppingTilDrop, thank you for your oustanding comments and review on your recent stay with us, I certainly appreciate the kind remarks regarding the service you received from our desk clerk Margarita and will most certainly pass those comments along to her. I hope the shopping was great and that mom's birthday celebration was enjoyable. Thanks again for your visit and warm regards,
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I stayed two nights at this hotel and both nights I had terrible sleep. The pillows were very cheap and soft, and the bed covers were also cheap and thin. The mattress was nice and firm. So you may want to bring your own pillows and blanket. The hotel has a bad 70’s style design. They did a terrible job of space efficiency. There is a useless wall between the sink and toilet bowl/shower area, which unnecessarily reduces space. The closet is also very poorly designed. With little reconfiguration, it would have been so much more space. The room has plenty of drawers, but they have unnecessary doors in front of them. They should have hired another designer. The window faces another guest room, so unless you want to watch other guests or have them watch you, you have to keep your blinds down all the time. It has a nice desk to work on. Aside from the bathroom, the bedroom was very spacious. They have a business center, but they nickel and dime you for everything. They have a snack bar which overcharges more than other hotels. On the good side there is a Safeway supermarket right next to it. Actually, the best part of this hotel is the great location in Fisherman’s Wharf. I have stayed at several other hotels in this area, and so far this one is my least favorite.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear Travelingerngr, my thanks for your recent review of our hotel and for the 5-star rating of our cleanliness, service and location. I do apologize you did not find our new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed concept to your liking. Our hotel was recently renovated with the aim of providing a brighter, more contemporary design. I'm so sorry this was not to your liking, but hope you will consider returning for the location and our signature Sheraton service in the near future. Thanks again, safe travels and warm regards,
Pearland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Stayed at the Sheraton Jan. 21-25, 2011 with my son and husband. There was a bum sleeping on the sidewalk as we drove in. There are several fire pit areas with seating outside the lobby. Most people use this area to smoke and use the free internet, but my husband was approached by bums asking for cigarettes. Then, they'd sit down beside him. He said that early in the morning when he'd go downstairs the bums would be sleeping on the seating around the fire pits. He told me that ladies would not go out there late in the evening and early morning because of the bums. He talked to the hotel manager who said, yea we have to call the police every day or so. That was it.

It's a good location and the room was clean, but I wish I'd know about the bum problem before I booked a room there.

The internet is free in the lobby area. If you want it in your room you have to pay extra.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Dear KJB, Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us and alerting us to the fact that you encountered homeless on the exterior of the hotel. We are fortunate that the voters of San Francisco recently enacted a new sit/lie ordinance that prohibits this behavior, and as I understand it the new law will be enforced starting in February which should resolve this problem in our area. I do apologize you encountered this situation, however the hotel and Fisherman's Wharf Association are working closely with the city of San Francisco to insure these individuals are diverted and cared for with the city's homeless initiatives. I certainly hope you will reconsider staying with us on your next visit to the bay area and wish you and your family warm regards,