Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$239
$336
$204
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$197
$299
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$205
$189
Agoda.com
4,357 results
All reviewsfisherman's wharfgreat locationfree wifi in the lobbystarbucks coffeelobby areaghirardelli squarecable carthe golden gate bridgetwo blockspublic transportationpitsconciergeihopsafewayalcatrazsfpiers
Reviewed June 28, 2005

I wish I could give this hotel a better rating because the staff was very accommodating. The restaurant was excellent and the waiter couldn't have been more friendly. The location is also very convenient.

Now for the bad. Don't believe what they tell you about the renovations not being disruptive. Half of the hotel is still covered with scaffolding, including the buildings around the pool. If you can get a room away from the construction you will probably have a better opinion than I do about this hotel. The first room we were assigned was on the fourth floor in the "executive" section, which costs slightly more. Don't bother. They were pounding on the outside wall when we arrived and workmen were sitting outside the window with electric saws, etc. This went on for three hours before we requested a different room. Also, the room was in terrible condition. Two lamps didn't work, the wallpaper was peeling and the blinds were water stained. The front desk should be more aware of which rooms are affected by the construction, in my opinion.

We tried to call the front desk to request a new room and were on hold for fifteen minutes before finally walking down in person. Once there, they were very accommodating, but we had to downgrade to the second floor. When asked about the premium paid for the 4th floor, he said that it was a wash because the new room had a balcony. Well, it did, but it was level with a roof of air conditioning units and had no furniture on it. That didn't really matter, but we should have received a discount. To be fair, the manager sent up a bottle of chilled champagne to make up for it, which was nice since we hadn't made a scene or anything. The new room was in MUCH better condition and appeared to have been renovated recently.

The supposed "executive" room was identical to the standard room, so don't waste your money just to get an ergonomic chair. The regular room had the same desk and internet connection (for $10 a day). The property is old and the bathrooms are microscopic and the amenities provided are the cheapest available, I'm sure.

Again, the staff was great. They let us leave our car in the driveway until we checked in so we could move it to the cruise parking garage. They didn't charge us anything, which was nice. The hotel is easy walking distance to the cruise port, which was our ultimate destination. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and found it excellent both times.

Unfortunately, the staff can't make up for this dingy, chaotic hotel. There are many hotels in the area and I'd recommend choosing any of them over the Sheraton.

5  Thank davegidd
Reviewed June 28, 2005

I had stayed here on business a little more than five years ago, and it was awful. When my current company decided to hold a 4-day meeting here, I was concerned to say the least. I was delighted to find, however, that the hotel has completely turned itself around. Although the outdoor pool was not fit to swim in (the pool man said there was "too much dust around" to keep the water pristine) the pool deck area was a fine place to relax or conduct small meetings. The guest rooms were spotlessly clean and refurbished daily, and the bed was, as others have stated here, excellent! Fisherman's Wharf is not an attractive area, but I was not disturbed by any noise at all.

1  Thank businesstraveler450
Reviewed June 27, 2005

Approaching the hotel looks very magestic and granduer. Reception very smart, but from there it goes down hill. The room was very basic and 80's looking, the place needs a big modernisation to bring it in to the 00's.
Breakfast is reasonable, the only real plus is the location it is very close to all the main attractions.

There is alot of outdoor work taking place so be weary of the views from these rooms.

Bring a jumper when your in san francisco it does get windy and sometimes cold.

4  Thank hewhodares
A TripAdvisor Member
Minnesota
Reviewed June 26, 2005

This was our first time to San Francisco so wasn't to sure on what to expect.
The front desk personel were very friendly and let us check in before the normal 3pm check-in time.
I had found a internate site that let us upgrade our room to the fourth floor Club level that included continental breakfast and hor d'oeuvres in the evening for a really great rate..
We had a double room that was very clean and nicely decorated and had enough room for us to have a rollaway.
The beds are so comfortabe and and it was very quiet.
The restaurant was a little spendy but there were many different eating places around us so that was o.k.
I think that the Sheraton Fishermans Wharf definately was worth the money and the locatin was the best for exploring the city..
We would stay there again...

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 11, 2005

I just returned from a weeklong trip north up the CA/OR/WA coast and stayed at the sheraton fisherman's wharf on June 5th. The hotel is in a great location, especially if you are looking to utilize the ferries out to various point (Alactraz, Sausilito, Tiburon, etc). Now that Sheraton has made the sweetsleeper beds a permanent fixture of their hotels, you will certainly gets a good nights rest. The only real downside to the hotel is that the parking, while perhaps on par with New York City or any other equivalent city, is pricey. To park overnight, either self-park or valet, it will set you back $32. Looking back, I was glad I only spent one night since $32 was about 1/2 of what I paid for the actual room via priceline. Nonetheless, the hotel lived up to my expectations of a Sheraton and the location cannot be beaten if you are playing tourist while in San Francisco.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member