“Perfact for tourist”

Ranked #109 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfact for tourist”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

If you are a tourist it has perfact location.
Especially Big Bus,tour bus, departs infront of this hotel.
I used Big Bus, I took a sort rest in hotel then went out for night tour.
It was so easy!

The hotel staffs also very kind.
They alsways asked me first 'Do you need some help?'

Two things i disappointed is my room type and a air conditioner.

First,I booked 1 king bed room but i got 2 queen beds room.
I asked and they said only 'sorry no more king bed room'
Why i choosed my room type for this random assigning??
Why i paid same rate for a small bed and one more bed which i dont need it?

Sencond, the air conditioner was so dirty.
I mean there were lots of dusts on air vents.

Although i feel some disappintment, its good hotel and I will think one of option for this when i visit SF again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Michael H, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
It was nice to read that our staff was friendly and accomodating. Glad that they were able to make a personal connection and make your stay enjoyable. Sorry about the mix up on the beds. We will see where this occured to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for the recommendation. We look foward to welcoming you back.

Michael Hirsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (719)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Davis, California
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I want to say thanks a lot for reception

And specially for "Prince" the bell man
He was so kind, helpful and i appreciate his service

And i would like to visit your hotel again
Very good days and nights i spent it in your hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tareq,

We enjoyed reading your great review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. Thanks for the 5 star rating and the nice comments about our staff, location and, especially, Prince. He certainly epitomizes our service culture and I am happy that you were able to meet him.

Please come back to see us again. Make it soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We booked this room at the last minute due to a flight delay so maybe that's why is wasn't that great of an experience. We wanted to make the best of a bad situation so we took a cab all the way from the airport (about 30 minutes) to Fisherman's Wharf. The person that checked us in wasn't exactly friendly. Our room had an awful view of the roof but who wants to stay in the room when you're in this beautiful city! :)

Fisherman's Wharf was amazing! We ate at Scoma's, which was recommended by a local, and we absolutely loved it! So happy that everything else was everything and more that I'd ever dreamed Fisherman's Wharf would be since the hotel didn't work out too good.

Back to the hotel. We had to leave at 4am due to an early flight out. The problem was that there was no one to be seen anywhere to help us get a cab. After about 10 minutes of searching my husband finally found someone to help us with a cab.

If I'm ever lucky enough to get to go again I think I'll do a little research and stay somewhere else.

1 Thank riverrush
Dear riverrush,

Thanks for staying with us. Where it sounds like you made the most of your short visit here, I regret that some aspects of your stay did not live up to expectations. We will look into the areas that you pointed out to ensure not further occurrences.

We hope that you will return here. Thanks again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed on a Monday night, April 28, 2014.

There were a LOT of people there for a convention, so its a bustling hotel. The front desk was nice though, and, as a SPG Platinum member, I was given a breakfast voucher. The restaurant was packed, so I just asked to take it up to my room -- the cafe lady was veryyy nice, and it was just what I needed after my flight.

I smiled as I walked to my room, enjoying the nautical theme. For example, the hotel layout and fire escape plan was done in a "treasure map" style -- cute. The room is by no means modern, but spacious enough and comfortable. I think the price reflects its convenience to Fisherman's Wharf and the tourist attractions there.

Personally, I find no real reason to be in that area unless you're attending a convention nearby. For the foodies: there *might* be a few decent restaurants nearby, but, after you've factored in the higher tourist-area price, you will probably just wish you took a cab to the more critically-acclaimed restaurants in other parts of the city.

I'd come back to stay if I was back in the city with my parents, to take em to Alcatraz or something. But only for a night, then hopping to another part of town.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear WheresDuy,

Thanks for staying with us. Always glad to hear from our SPG Platinum members and especially happy that we treated you right. Sure wish that you stopped by our concierge to talk food with our foodies.There are some terrific restaurants in the Fisherman's Wharf, Embarcadaro, North Beach and Chinatown areas that we would have been happy to recommend.

It was a pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back. Come hungry!

Perth
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had probably one of the worst rooms in the hotel. It was on the groundfloor close to a busy intersection. The room was not particularly nice and was showing its age.

The staff were pleasant enough and the rest of the hotel was typical of any two-star joint. What I hate is that they expect you to pay for WIFI access.

Dear Perth,

We regret that the room assigned to you did not meet your needs. Please let us know when this occurs and we will be happy to work with you to provide options.

We hope that you will consider a return visit.

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

South Easton, MA
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here 3 nites in late April. Nice hotel in great location. Close to cable cars, Pier 39, Ghiraradelli Square. Rooms very comfortable. Lobby is a bit small. I left a pair of pants hanging in the closet, had to pay $20 shipping to get them returned. Not sure if this is the usual rate, but was disappointed at cost of shipping.

Dear Easton,

Thanks for the 4 star rating and nice coments about your stay at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. We were happy to note that you had a nice room and loved our location.

The shipping charges for returned items come straight from UPS as they have proven to be most reliable for us. However, we are happy to work with your preferred shipping agent.

Please come back to see us again.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed May 6, 2014

It was our 5th stay in this hotel. We really like it. It is a very niece hotel for San Francisco. The location is more relaxed and quiet than downtown hotels. The rooms are very nice and clean and the beds are so comfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect, in 5 minutes you are at the Pier 39 and the cable car station is also near. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We got two rooms with a connecting door which was really nice and we had a really nice view. We have already booked the hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Wahine,

It was a pleasure to read your kind review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. Coming from a regular Guest, your comments have particular resonance as you really know our property well now. Thanks especially for your kudos for our friendly staff. We think you are pretty swell, too!

We are looking forward to your next visit.