“Not My Usual Sheraton Experience”

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Ranked #110 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We booked this room at the last minute due to a flight delay so maybe that's why is wasn't that great of an experience. We wanted to make the best of a bad situation so we took a cab all the way from the airport (about 30 minutes) to Fisherman's Wharf. The person that checked us in wasn't exactly friendly. Our room had an awful view of the roof but who wants to stay in the room when you're in this beautiful city! :)

Fisherman's Wharf was amazing! We ate at Scoma's, which was recommended by a local, and we absolutely loved it! So happy that everything else was everything and more that I'd ever dreamed Fisherman's Wharf would be since the hotel didn't work out too good.

Back to the hotel. We had to leave at 4am due to an early flight out. The problem was that there was no one to be seen anywhere to help us get a cab. After about 10 minutes of searching my husband finally found someone to help us with a cab.

If I'm ever lucky enough to get to go again I think I'll do a little research and stay somewhere else.

1  Thank riverrush
Michael H, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear riverrush,

Thanks for staying with us. Where it sounds like you made the most of your short visit here, I regret that some aspects of your stay did not live up to expectations. We will look into the areas that you pointed out to ensure not further occurrences.

We hope that you will return here. Thanks again.

Michael Hirsch

Write a ReviewReviews (4,207)

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed on a Monday night, April 28, 2014.

There were a LOT of people there for a convention, so its a bustling hotel. The front desk was nice though, and, as a SPG Platinum member, I was given a breakfast voucher. The restaurant was packed, so I just asked to take it up to my room -- the cafe lady was veryyy nice, and it was just what I needed after my flight.

I smiled as I walked to my room, enjoying the nautical theme. For example, the hotel layout and fire escape plan was done in a "treasure map" style -- cute. The room is by no means modern, but spacious enough and comfortable. I think the price reflects its convenience to Fisherman's Wharf and the tourist attractions there.

Personally, I find no real reason to be in that area unless you're attending a convention nearby. For the foodies: there *might* be a few decent restaurants nearby, but, after you've factored in the higher tourist-area price, you will probably just wish you took a cab to the more critically-acclaimed restaurants in other parts of the city.

I'd come back to stay if I was back in the city with my parents, to take em to Alcatraz or something. But only for a night, then hopping to another part of town.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear WheresDuy,

Thanks for staying with us. Always glad to hear from our SPG Platinum members and especially happy that we treated you right. Sure wish that you stopped by our concierge to talk food with our foodies.There are some terrific restaurants in the Fisherman's Wharf, Embarcadaro, North Beach and Chinatown areas that we would have been happy to recommend.

It was a pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back. Come hungry!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had probably one of the worst rooms in the hotel. It was on the groundfloor close to a busy intersection. The room was not particularly nice and was showing its age.

The staff were pleasant enough and the rest of the hotel was typical of any two-star joint. What I hate is that they expect you to pay for WIFI access.

Dear Perth,

We regret that the room assigned to you did not meet your needs. Please let us know when this occurs and we will be happy to work with you to provide options.

We hope that you will consider a return visit.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here 3 nites in late April. Nice hotel in great location. Close to cable cars, Pier 39, Ghiraradelli Square. Rooms very comfortable. Lobby is a bit small. I left a pair of pants hanging in the closet, had to pay $20 shipping to get them returned. Not sure if this is the usual rate, but was disappointed at cost of shipping.

Dear Easton,

Thanks for the 4 star rating and nice coments about your stay at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. We were happy to note that you had a nice room and loved our location.

The shipping charges for returned items come straight from UPS as they have proven to be most reliable for us. However, we are happy to work with your preferred shipping agent.

Please come back to see us again.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

It was our 5th stay in this hotel. We really like it. It is a very niece hotel for San Francisco. The location is more relaxed and quiet than downtown hotels. The rooms are very nice and clean and the beds are so comfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect, in 5 minutes you are at the Pier 39 and the cable car station is also near. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We got two rooms with a connecting door which was really nice and we had a really nice view. We have already booked the hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Wahine,

It was a pleasure to read your kind review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. Coming from a regular Guest, your comments have particular resonance as you really know our property well now. Thanks especially for your kudos for our friendly staff. We think you are pretty swell, too!

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in April 2014. The location is very close to Fisherman's Wharf action. Close to restaurants & shopping. Ghiraradelli Square is close too. The hotel is nice, clean, beach theme. The pool had a great ambiance too.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear sksanche,

Thanks for the 4 star review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. We loved to read your comments about our great location, clean, attractive decor and nice pool. Sounds like you had a good stay with us.

It was a pleasure to serve. We are thrilled that you will be returning. Make it soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while my wife was in town for a conference. This place isn't as bad as some previous reviews. Check-in was quick and we got a room right off the lobby. It was a bit noisy at times, but the benefit was that we didn't have to pay the $14.95 a day for wifi (we were able to connect to the free lobby wifi). I think it is ridiculous to have to pay for wifi in any hotel, and would have been disappointed if I had to pay for it. The concierge staff was very helpful when I asked them how to get to the Giants game. And the other hotel staff we encountered were very friendly (the guy who stored my bags on the last day was kind of grumpy, however). The room was fine albeit a bit on the small side. A relatively comfortable bed and the room had a patio overlooking the pool. Housekeeping was also good. The location can't be beat, but it is in a very touristy area. But transportation is really close by. I went to go check out and noticed a line with about 10 people in it, so I went back to the room and called the front desk. They checked me out over the phone and told me to just leave my room keys. I would definitely recommend this. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear dr,

We are glad that you had a great experience at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. Sounds like you made the most of your visit and it was good to note that your staff was helpful in making suggestions.

It was a pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back.