“Great location”

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Ranked #111 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great location, minutes walk to Pier 39 (Fishermans Wharf) and tour companies. Trolley pick up outside hotel down to Bay Bridge/city areas. Parking very expensive at hotel, but parking stations are abundant close by. Hotel itself is quite good. Check in and check out friendly and efficient. Concierge fantastic - got Alcatraz tickets for next day and dinner cruise for that night. He even ran down to the tour company office (next block) to get confirmed tickets as they didn't answer their phones and tickets hard to get on short notice.
Room itself was large and clean, however no fridge.

Room Tip: Not room 3115 as it is close to linen storage and the service staff tend to group and talk loudly ou...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here beginning our three week American holiday and were delighted with the helpful staff and the great location of the hotel.

The breakfast was great and we got a chance to spend some time by the fire pits just outside. The bell desk and the staff were always at hand to help with directions and advise about locations. They even organised a shuttle to get to the airport which was cheaper than booking a cab.

Nice clean rooms 2 queen beds, sitting area, workspace and also, we had free wifi in the lobby, which worked for our first stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just completed a short visit to SF for a 25th wedding anniversary. We decided to stay near Fisherman's Wharf as we wanted to do a lot of the normal tourist attractions (Alcatraz, Cable Cars, etc.) I booked this hotel online based on the location and availability. The Sheraton site showed several different special offers, but of course none were available for our stay. After booking the room, I called the hotel directly to see if they had any special deals but they did not. I told them we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and asked if there was anything special they could do, but the reservations clerk just said she would "add it to our record" and told me to call back a couple of days before arrival and tell them again.

I called back the day before arrival and the reservations clerk once again said all she could do was "add it to the record." Since our reservation confirmation email included a note from the GM of the hotel encouraging us to let them know if there was anything they could do, I sent an email to the hotel to his attention once again mentioning our anniversary and requesting any kind of consideration. (I didn't expect much, but thought perhaps we might get a room upgrade, a "treat" in the room, or maybe just a note congratulating us.)

Back to the hotel itself....location is great, a block off the wharf. Easy access to the piers and also both cable car lines.

The hotel was just a standard hotel, rooms nothing special, bathrooms TINY! Even though I am a Starwood Preferred Guest member, no free Wifi. (This is so basic nowadays that even your discount hotels have free Wifi.) When spending over $300 a night you would think they could include it.

They have standalone dehumidifiers/air freshener units in the room, which run constantly and are quite noisy. I woke up many times the first night thinking there was water running. The second night we turned it off, which was better, but there was a lot of street noise. I'm not sure which was worse.

We didn't have a car, but parking is VERY expensive...I think about $50 a night!

As for the staff, the only ones we interacted with seemed like zombies just going through the motions.

We asked the concierge for directions to the Mason cable car, and instead he went into a 10 minute history of the cable car and finally directions to the Hyde cable car line (the other line.) He obviously didn't bother to listen to our question. We went out and found it ourselves.

During our stay no one ever mentioned anything about our anniversary, no "treats" in the room or any upgrade, in fact, the GM never bothered to even respond to my email....even to say there was nothing he could do. Once again, I didn't expect to have the red carpet rolled out, but I had hoped for my wife's sake that they could do something. I guess this hotel has so much business they don't really worry about customer service.

If I was going again there are plenty of other hotels right near this one, and I think I would be able to find a better deal with much better customer service. I'd recommend going elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marsmadness
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had stayed at many places over our vacation (mostly rented homes) this was the last leg of a long vacation touring through parts of California. Started in San Diego, went to the Sequoias , then did Yosemite , ending in 2 nights in San Francisco. The front desk was extremely helpful with the perfect suggestions for dinner in Chinatown (the oriental pearl) The room was spacious and clean. A great comfortable place to stay- only complaint was it cost $45 a night for parking. That seemed really high considering we never used our car while we were in San Francisco. Staff was outstanding.

Room Tip: very high parking fees- might want to leave your car in a local garage for your stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

my boyfriend and I were exploring northern California and I booked this hotel through Hotwire literally on the car ride from Santa Cruz. It really was in the center of everything near the wharf. If we hadn't booked through Hotwire this definitely would have been out of our price range. It was beautiful and clean! They made a pretty bad mistake when we checked in and immediately compensated us with an upgrade to a king suite, free parking, and free breakfast! Also, the next morning when checking out we found out they wiped all charges! That was impressive and extremely great customer service! The room and breakfast were fabulous! Great places to sit outside and lots to do in the area. Just be aware that they charge 50+ a night for parking your car, OUCH!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mariss2311
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been spending about 10 days a month in hotels all over the world since 1995, and it's the first time I see such a noisy hotel. You have the impression that the windows are open on the street, that the cars and buses are just in front of the room. You cannot sleep. Just can't. So go to another hôtel, cause this is just unacceptable.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Monpseud
Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you want to be in the midst of the tourist wharf, this is the spot.

There is a Safeway across the street, Trader Joe's one block away, and a Trolley stop two blocks away. It is ideal! Five stars for location.

For the actual hotel, I am at 3.5-4 stars.

We had a few glitches which really irritated me. Our kids had their own room. When I went in with them there was no comforter on the bed. I called the front desk who turned me over to to housekeeping who argued with me. I finally gave up. Right before bed I tried again so the kids could have something to cover themselves other than a sheet. I again called the front desk, who told me everything was locked up, he could send a blanket. So, two thin blankets were delivered. The kids froze, without the air on. The next morning I asked that the beds be properly made, no apology from staff.

We spent three nights and had to constantly get new keys. They never worked, and it became a source of irritation between my husband and I because I could never get in the room. Again, the front desk didn't care.

The concierge service was 5 star! Jennifer (I think) and another young man rocked! Excellent help, excellent suggestions and great follow through. They made the front desk staff an embarrassment.

Perfect base to be out all day and fall in bed at night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family