“Great location - great customer service”

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Ranked #110 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great location - great customer service”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

my boyfriend and I were exploring northern California and I booked this hotel through Hotwire literally on the car ride from Santa Cruz. It really was in the center of everything near the wharf. If we hadn't booked through Hotwire this definitely would have been out of our price range. It was beautiful and clean! They made a pretty bad mistake when we checked in and immediately compensated us with an upgrade to a king suite, free parking, and free breakfast! Also, the next morning when checking out we found out they wiped all charges! That was impressive and extremely great customer service! The room and breakfast were fabulous! Great places to sit outside and lots to do in the area. Just be aware that they charge 50+ a night for parking your car, OUCH!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mariss2311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been spending about 10 days a month in hotels all over the world since 1995, and it's the first time I see such a noisy hotel. You have the impression that the windows are open on the street, that the cars and buses are just in front of the room. You cannot sleep. Just can't. So go to another hôtel, cause this is just unacceptable.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Monpseud

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you want to be in the midst of the tourist wharf, this is the spot.

There is a Safeway across the street, Trader Joe's one block away, and a Trolley stop two blocks away. It is ideal! Five stars for location.

For the actual hotel, I am at 3.5-4 stars.

We had a few glitches which really irritated me. Our kids had their own room. When I went in with them there was no comforter on the bed. I called the front desk who turned me over to to housekeeping who argued with me. I finally gave up. Right before bed I tried again so the kids could have something to cover themselves other than a sheet. I again called the front desk, who told me everything was locked up, he could send a blanket. So, two thin blankets were delivered. The kids froze, without the air on. The next morning I asked that the beds be properly made, no apology from staff.

We spent three nights and had to constantly get new keys. They never worked, and it became a source of irritation between my husband and I because I could never get in the room. Again, the front desk didn't care.

The concierge service was 5 star! Jennifer (I think) and another young man rocked! Excellent help, excellent suggestions and great follow through. They made the front desk staff an embarrassment.

Perfect base to be out all day and fall in bed at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel was within easy walking distance to Pier39, tram station Taylor street, and IHop for breakfast. Free Wifi connection not strong in rooms but good in reception. Very helpful concierge and all staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms spacious, bright and very clean. Didn't think it looked 4star though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edmund W
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here in early June 2013. Found the staff friendly, the room clean and the location perfect. Just down the road the Hollywood Café serves the best breakfast and is always full and there is usually people waiting for tables.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oliveoil5
Austin
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Customer service was outstanding at this Sheraton. It made a world of difference. Every staff member we had to work with appeared to go out of his/her way to make us feel like we were the only people there. Hotel facilities were very good, too. Rooms were comfortable and very clean. We were within very close walk to several key areas, such as the trolley stops, the wharf, etc. There were also several good restaurants within a block or two and also drugstores, supermarkets, etc. If there was any complaint it would be the slow internet connection at the lobby. On a couple of days it just did not seem to work at all. After waiting nearly 10 minutes for a page to load on a browser, I gave up. On the other hand, on other days, it was very fast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Checked in for two nights for our stay in San Francisco and couldn't be more pleased! Our room was ready when we got here and it was spacious and clean. We had more than enough room for the four of us and all our luggage. The only issue we had was that our room was at the end of a hallway and you could hear heavy traffic sometimes. But for the location in proximity to the wharf and cable cars ill take the noise! I can't say enough about the concierge, Jesse, who helped to make arrangements for a private tour of the city for my family. He knew exactly who to call and I would recommend Jet Perfect to anyone. The owner was our guide and he was so knowledgeable on the area and history we would have never seen what we did on our own! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013