“Great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel with wonderful rooms. The outside firepits were a definite plus! Concierge was helpful. Breakfast was amazing. My only dissatisfaction was that there was no complimentary wi-fi in the rooms!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marden, Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights as a stop-over on the way back to UK. The location is very handy for Fishermans Wharfe, Piers and the tram into town. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location. I hardly got any sleep in our room on the 3rd floor as it looked out onto a busy street and opposite was a bus depot where they cleaned the buses so we got the buses reversing noise. The room was large but had no fridge/minibar. Tea & coffee facilities were very basic with 2 plastic cups. No free internet in the room, you have to go down to the lobby. We had one helpful concierge and one unhelpful who did not give us local bus info but tried to sell us trips to get to the Golden Gate Bridge. We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food.

Room Tip: Perhaps a higher floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent 3 nts here last wk. we were surprised that the Internet was not included & the price per minute was expensive. We had a nice room on the top floor and were happy to find that we could open the window! Beware that our room featured the lowest toilet. We enjoy staying in this area as we can walk or take the cable car where we want. Parking is nearly impossible to find. 24 hr parking at the hotel is an extra $48 per nt

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton for 4 nights and were pleasantly upgraded to a bigger room on check in. The staff behind the desk and the concierge were helpful and friendly. My only small gripe was with the customer service at 'Spressi', the hotel's cafe. The man & lady serving were perpetually unhappy and suspicious if you we're just having a look at the drinks fridge and unfortunately their service reflected this. I almost didn't want to write this but felt the hotel should know. Overall though the service and hotel were terrific.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Amanda T
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Fisherman's Warf is the last remaining 'family' tourist trap in San Francisco, so its decidedly less trendy then nearly any other part of the city. The Sheraton fits right in, with a very family friendly atmosphere of bright 80's inspired colors mixed with scandanavian touches. It's not tacky, but it's not exactly tasteful.

The room I had was on the SPG floor, which was the top, and the east facing wall was sloped at a 45 degree angle, with a cumbersome shade that is counter-intuitive to operate. The window was incredibly dirty, and the view consisted of the roof bathed in gull guano baking in the salty air.

The room is completely serviceable otherwise, with the sweet sleeper bed. The bathroom was small and old with a shower head that was nearly consumed from the hardwater buildup, and a cracked porcelain tub.The elevators are painfully slow, and one actually opened before it had hit the floor, which was a bit un-nerving. They're noisy too.

Food options are poor, which is a shame because the neighborhood could benefit from a restaurant that's a little bit more inspired than the crab shack themes that abound here.

I will likely not stay here again, but that's only because I prefer downtown over Fisherman's warf.

Room Tip: If you could avoid using the elevators, go with the ground floor. Insist on something with a view lo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I liked this hotel very much. I love staying in hotels. I usually spend a good amount of time in my hotel rooms. I do all my site seeing during the day, and spend most of the evening in the room. So quality, comfort, aesthetics, amenities, etc are all important to me. I was disappointed, that because of a transportation glitch, I didn't get to the hotel until 9 pm, and we had to get up very early for an event, so we didn't have any time at all to experience the hotel. We had planned to enjoy the pool or the lovely outdoor fire places, but sadly, we could not. We were only able to rush out and get some food and then go to bed. But I saw enough of the hotel during my brief stay to know I will stay there again. I love that it's close to the bay. What an excellent place for a morning run, before the tourists appear!!! I love the convenience of the nearby Safeway, Trader Joes, Walgreens, etc. If you're visiting SF as a tourist it's a perfect location to hit all the major sights. It's incredibly close to Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39 etc. There are lots of bike rentals nearby.

My check in experience wasn't so great, but I suppose these things happen. There was only one staff member at the check in desk, and she kept leaving for some reason. It took her an eternity to check in the people in front of me. Meanwhile, I had to overhear a cringeworthy discussion between a cocktail waitress and some foreign guests who weren't familiar with the concept of tipping. She was having none of that and demanded they give her some money. It was extremely uncomfortable. Once I got checked in, everything was fine. The room was much bigger than expected. It was modern and clean. No mini fridge, which would have been nice. But it did have a coffee maker with Starbucks coffee, a safe, etc. I had a room with a view to the outside, which is rare in SF. Usually one overlooks the light shaft. I'm guessing all rooms in this hotel have an outside view. The bathroom was a little small, and if you have to get up to use it in the middle of the night, you have no choice but to turn on the room light and wake up your husband. That's a big minus in my book. My only other complaint, is that one of my towels had what looked like makeup stains on it. (see photo) But all in all, I liked the hotel and will absolutely stay there again. I've been a Union Square regular for over 20 years, but this hotel and Neighborhood seem more "local". I highly recommend it. I'm heading up to SF for the weekend again tomorrow. I'm sorry I have pre-paid reservations at a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

On our last days in SF,we booked this hotel because it looked nice from the website as they just spent million of dollars from complete renovation.
I specifically request a room facing the swimming pool taking that advice from TripAdvisor and yet they sent us to the very end of the hallway which side window is facing the muni garage and behind that wall where our bed was sit was the bus stop.
I could hardly sleep in our first and second night because of the pounding sound like a big construction right behind us started from 11:00pm to 1:00 am.
Not to mention, the sound of the stopping bus and street noise every single minute as if it was just right behind our ears.
I am not sure if I like their customer service but I couldn't give a positive comments about them as well.
I do remember the Staff at the Bell desk, they were very polite and very friendly.
Location wise, this is fantastic. Close to Marshalls, Pier 39, the souvenir shops, Trader Joe, Safeway, Rental Car, close to North Beach and China town.
So that kind of compensate with the noise.
The room was nice and very clean though so the only downside was the unbearable noise from the street and the construction or maybe the muni garage.

Room Tip: Never book a room next or behind the busy street and the Bus Terminal.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 5745edelweiss
Bradley H, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience. We apologize about the noises of the city that you experienced during your stay. We always do our best to accommodate our guest’s requests and suggest booking directly with the property to ensure those requests are meet. Our Bell Staff are some of the best in wharf area. They love to share their local knowledge of the city with our guests. We hope to see you in the future and we will be sure to do a better job accommodating an interior room. Thank you.