New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“The noise, God please stop the noise! I wouldn't stay here again for the next couple of years.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Ranked #111 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Petoskey, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This cute hotel is not someplace you can stay for the next couple years. Apparently, the city is building a subway system all around this hotel right now. I am in an interior courtyard room and it is noisy. Furthermore, this is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. The hallway outside in my room stinks of smoke. I suppose I could be a one time thing but since it's so noisy I'm Upset. I wouldn't stay here for the next couple years.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Greenleaftalking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I found the hotel okay, and I got a decent price and thought I received a bargain. The rooms commensurate with what I paid. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, but most of all, the rooms reminded me of rooms in motels. The wall was thin too. Just an overwhelming feeling of underwhelming. The location is good, but parking is very expensive. The lobby has free wi fi, and you will find many people hanging around the lobby area. The common areas are decent, but the room itself is made for sleeping only.

Room Tip: Decent priced Sheraton, but you get what you paid for.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for couple of nights in January 2013, upon checking in the receptionist was very nice and and friendly and the lobby area is actually very nice and modern, so it was a bit of a shock when I made my way to my room. As soon as I got off the elevator, I felt as if I was in my old high school - but the floors were carpeted. The corridors were absolutely freezing and the staircases looked like high school. It was old and rickety, something that I did not expect from a Sheraton Hotel. I had to walk some way until I got to my room as one of the other elevators was broken. The carpet needs an update!

As soon as I entered the room, with the light still switched off and the light shining through the corridor, the bathroom walls looked like it was smeared with poo. I thought I was seeing things. Until I turned on the light and realised it was the design. Though, it is not the nicest thing to look at because all I thought about was, how much it looked like poo.

The room I had was very spacious, I had a big comfy double bed and also had a sofa. There was a sliding window/door, but it was rather rickety.

They have a cafe in the lobby and you can access wifi in the lobby for free, the lobby area is nice and spacious. They also have seating areas outside and they have enclosed fires in the seating area. It would be a nice area to chill and relax over drinks with friends but it was too cold when I visited to test that theory.

The hotel is just around the corner from shops and restaurants. They have a Bistro Boudin around the corner too. I would highly recommend visiting this place! I bought a sandwich from the cafe as the restaurant was busy and OMG, the sourdough turkey avocado is really yummy!!

There is also a 7 eleven for you to get drinks from, rainforest cafe, a lot actually, so you won't be bored! There is also a tour bus company in the area too.

If you wanted to catch the bus/tram into town to go to golden gate park, transport is really easy -there is stop right outside the hotel. The hotel is also near Lombard Street and the port that takes you to Alcatraz.

I didn't eat here, though did have some hot chocolate from the cafe, so I cannot comment on the food. Service was OK, I would consider staying here again if I were to visit but the décor is in serious need of updating - because the lobby and the floors above it do not match. It is like you're in a different hotel entirely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We were in San Francisco for a family wedding and took advantage of the group rate at the Sheraton. After reading some of the reviews here, we weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. I found the room to be clean, well equipped, and spacious. The bed was beyond comfortable and the staff helpful and pleasant. The fire pits along the entrance looked inviting and I left wishing we had had the time to enjoy a drink fireside. The bathroom was a tad small; it would have been an issue had we brought our children along. We flew into town and were very easily able to use public transportation (BART and streetcars) to get us everywhere we needed to go. The streetcar stop right down the block was most convenient. In addition, there are plentiful restaurants, shops, and attractions within walking distance. Leave your car at home if you can, because the parking rate is outrageous. Skip the pricey hotel breakfast and head down the street to The Hollywood Cafe. You'll get an enormous plate of deliciousness with a side of SF sourdough toast. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shell Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Funky and rooms are somewhat dated. It's in a great location if you plan on visiting the wharf area but other than that its an clean/safe place to stay. The road noise was a bit much if your window faces the courtyard so bring some ear plugs.

• Stayed April 2013
Owatonna, Minnesota, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Location is one block from wharf, early morning to get the fresh bread and get some coffee, then take a walk to see the sights from walking the beach with a view of the golden gate bridge to the Oakland bridge, I will say if you get a chance to see the Oakland bridge at night, wow nice job on who ever worked on that one, you need to see! For a young family to see sea lions on the wharf or any kid at hart and a walk down a different pear will take you to see old boats and ships that a club is restoring. You can hitch a ride on the trolley about two blocks away to china town to do some shopping and people watching. The only bad thing was the early shut down of all restaurants so that late dinner could be out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robert S
Port Orange
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure to stay here in March prior to boarding our cruise. We stayed for 2 nights. We had a late check in and they were well prepared for us. Very nice and efficient front desk personnel. The rooms were very nice and the beds were comfy. The location was fantastic for the Wharf. The only negative and why I would subtract a star is the concierge, who is very nice and good, is too overworked. The wait time to speak to him is at least 10-15 mins and I was only number 2 in line. Please get another one for the weekends.
If my travel plans include SF again, I would definitely stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family