“Average”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Average”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton for my birthday.
Pros
Walking distance from a ton of attractions
Nice seating area outside the hotel
Comfortable beds

Cons
No refrigerator in room
Stains on towels (yuck)
Printer in business center was broken for entire stay (4 days)
We were given a street level room and the traffic noise was very loud

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JK1314
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear JK1314, many thanks for the review and for the 4-star rating for our service, sleep quality and location. I do apologize you encountered a housekeeping issue and have passed on your comments to our operations team to insure we check all linens when they return from our outside service before placing them in any of our guestrooms. I hope you both had a great holiday and wish you safe travels and warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

what a great location for all the places to go and explore in the day and in the evening loads of good places to eat and not to expensive the hotel was good and the staff very helpful the fire bucket seats out side the hotel was a great way to finish the night off with a glass or two with our friends before bed ,and the beds were very comfortable

Room Tip: we were happy with our room no probs at all
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Colin_R, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the 4-star rating. I was pleased you found the staff to be very helpful and that you were able to enjoy our outdoor fire pits during your visit. Thanks so much for the recommendation and I hope you can return soon. Take care and warm regards,
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I read the reviews prior to booking about this hotel being noisey. I thought " how loud could it be?". Very very loud from 10 pm until 8 am in the morning. The loading dock for another business is across the door and you hear it. Not to mention garbage pick up at 5 am... We heard it twice in our four day stay. It is really awful - I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a good nights sleep and especially those with young kids. Pillows were great but couldn't sleep so it sucked. Room was fairly modern/ clean. Bathroom was a pain. The sink area didn't have a door and that light switch turned on both the lights at the sink and in the closes door toilet/shower area. This sucked when my husband went to the bathroom in the midde of the night and lit up the whole room with the lights in the bathroom. Bathroom was small and toilet and tub were old and very tight in space. WARNING to parents with kids at thus hotel - the water is VERY hot. Dangerously hot. I like a hot shower - I have them everyday at home but myself and husband both burnt our backs- never been in a hotel where they didn't cap the temperature but this one doesn't - and it should.
Hotel was clean. Scott at the front desk was great ( helped save us money on a limo to the airport). When we checked in there wasn't any excitement (it was our honeymoon) there was no reaction at all the girl was quiet and not welcoming at all like I've experienced at other sheratons.
Overall I would not recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear AMMaiola, congratulations on your honeymoon and many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased you found our desk agent Scott to be helpful and do apologize you encountered some street noise during your stay. We do offer a variety of upper floor or interior courtyard rooms that are ideal for light sleepers, so please feel free to contact my office before your next visit as I will block one of these for you. I did check on the water temperature issue you raised and our system is set at industry standard. Our hot water supply system has a recirculating pump to insure immediate hot water at all times, so perhaps that resulted in a perception of the water being too hot. I hope you had a safe trip home and I wish you happy holidays and warm regards,
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I picked this hotel as a surprise trip to SF for my husband's birthday and it was better than expected. I was very nervous with all the negative reviews, which I soon found out were bogus and unwarranted.

The hotel was very nice, updated, clean, and the staff was unbelievably accommodating and professional. We had a standard king and the room was perfectly sized for us. The bed was so comfortable, plush, and soft. I read reviews that the restrooms were dirty and small, and while I can understand that the restroom isn't as large as most, it was fine and absolutely spotless. Our sink had enough space to hold all my cosmetics and hair supplies--so I don't understand why some people were complaining about there not being any counterspace at all, because that was bogus.

Our view was of the courtyard and it was peaceful and quiet. They have 2 shades, which quickly darkened the room.

Lastly, the hotel staff was AMAZINGLY accommodating. As a surprise to my husband I asked for a cheese platter, a bottle of wine, and chocolate covered strawberries, which was waiting for us in our room prior to our arrival (PERFECT!)

On our last night, I requested from the concierge (Hector) to get us a stretch limo at midnight to take us on the bay bridge and golden gate, it took some time, but sure enough Hector pulled through!

Lastly, this hotel is literally 1 block away from Pier 39, which was fantastic for our adventures.

Overall this hotel was absolutely perfect. And the firepits were a nice touch to our cold/rainy weekend.

We had the most amazing weekend ever. I would absolutely stay here again. It was a great place to stay! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to be near the pier.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor with a view of the courtyard, room 3128
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rmb3933, thank you so much for the "spectacular" review and 5-star rating! I was thrilled to hear you had a great time over this special event and that you found our staff to be unbelievably accommodating and professional. I am so pleased your husband enjoyed our special gift for his birthday and that Hector was able to secure a midnight tour of the Golden Gate. It sounds like it was a special evening. Thanks again for the recommendation and I hope you both can return soon. Take care and happy holidays,
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Travellign with a little kid, we put in a request for King size bed but were given 2 queen size which too was not bad. Hotel is at a great location with almost all places of convineance at walking distance. Also features nice pool.

Front desk and Concierge were very helpful.

We got caught in Sandy and could not make it on the day of booking but we preinformed and the hotel readily changed our reservation.

All in all a good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Nirav24, thank you so much for the review and for the 4-star rating of your experience at our hotel. I was very pleased to hear you found our front desk and concierge teams to be very helpful, even though you had a stressful time with travel over Hurricane Sandy. It was great you had a good experience and I hope you and your family can return soon. Take care and happy holidays,
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had read a number of good reviews on this hotel. The hotel was in a good location, close to many places in Fisherman's Wharf and shops and waterfront piers were within walking distance. We checked in at the front desk and our reservation, it was exceptionally busy. They offer free wifi in the lobby only - so there was a number of people in the lobby with laptops, crowding spots to sit.

We had a room on the 1st floor. The bed was comfortable - and our room was across from the lobby so no crowd noise. I did not notice any from the street.

It was a nice stay overall - but upon check out I got a big surprise. I had a big bill of incidentals - all TAXES. So this is what you have to watch out for taxes upon taxes. I booked on Hotwire and all the taxes should have been included - but were not.

Parking Tax - $6.30
Parking $45.00 and 14.1% Tax - $45.00
CA Tourism Tax 0.1% - $0.02
TID Assessment - $0.30
Room Tax - $2.80

So I am sure all rooms pay all these additional charges. I should have looked for a hotel that included parking - and will try to figure out with hotwire why all the other taxes were not included in the taxes I paid in my booking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Surfcali, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments on our comfortable and quiet rooms. I do apologize you were surprised by the city and state taxes. San Francisco and California has one of the highest tax rates in the nation and do apologize this negatively affected the perception of your stay. I was pleased to see you rated our staff service, cleanliness and rooms 4-star and hope you will consider returning on your next visit to the area. Thanks again for the visit and I wish you and your friends a happy holiday and warm regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent location for walking, catching transit, and renting bikes. Good lobby and service. Hotel rooms were only average and some components could be upgraded (ex. hallways, windows). San Francisco is very expensive to stay in so the price of this hotel is great if you are travelling with a family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators as it is quite a walk with luggage to some parts of the property.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Water_F, thank you for the review of our hotel and your kind comments regarding our lobby and hotel service. It sounds as if you had a great time in the area and hope you can return soon. Take care and happy holidays,