Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
  • Room Service
$338
$176
  • Pool
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$317
$225
$208
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$189
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$418
$215
$210
Agoda.com
4,355 results
All reviewsfisherman's wharfgreat locationfree wifi in the lobbystarbucks coffeelobby areaghirardelli squarecable carthe golden gate bridgetwo blockspublic transportationpitsconciergeihopsafewayalcatrazsfpiers
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I cannot tell you the last time I stayed in a hotel that gave me plastic glasses to drink out of? Certainly not one that charges the type of money that this hotel charges! To top that off the first two nights we stayed in a room that was at the end of one of the blocks of rooms that was so noisy that I doubt very much that we got more than a couple hours sleep both nights. In their defence the hotel did move us to another room as soon as one became available. The hotel itself certainly has no problem charging it's guests for things that other far less costly hotels give away. For example we were told that the cost for Wifi in the rooms was $16.95/day PER DEVICE - since there were 3 of us staying there that would of been over 50/day or over $300 for the length of our stay. Don't even think about parking a car there because at 45/night it will certainly add to your bill no doubt! How about $1.54 for a local call and if you go over 30 minutes another 10 cents per minute! How about the American Breakfast (bacon and eggs, toast and coffee) for over $20.00.
This hotel has only one thing going for it - the location - one block off of Fisherman's Wharf - other than that it lacks most amenities that we take for granted.

Room Tip: Make sure that you request a room in the inner courtyards so that you are no where near the street. The concierge was quite helpful as were the front desk staff.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rcrobman
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Rcrobman, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize you were put off by the wrapped to-go glasses in our guestrooms. It is a Sheraton standard that we provide this as many guests across the brand have expressed an interest in to-go cups and prefer this convenience. Also, Sheraton recently changed their standard to allow us to only charge one base internet access fee for up to 3 devices in a guestroom, so we are in the process of implementing this early at our hotel and will have that service in place in the next 30-60 days. I do hope you can plan a return visit soon and again my thanks for staying with us. Take care and warm regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel was about a block from Fisherman's Wharf and a few more blocks to Pier 39. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Free wi-fi in the lobby was very convenient however we were unable to print boarding passes for the flight home. Beautiful fire pits with comfortable seating out front and around the pool were awesome for relaxing after a long day sightseeing. Hotel was a little on the expensive side, including food and drinks from the lobby bar. Save some money by running across the street to Safeway for snacks, fruit, and water.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Sara_A, thank you for reviewing our hotel and for the outstanding 5-star rating of our cleanliness, rooms, sleep quality and location. I was pleased you found our location to be convenient and you were able to enjoy our signature outdoor fire pits around the pool area. I hope you can return soon and safe travels to you and your friends. Take care and warm regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is a few minutes walk from Pier 39 so it's in a great location. We stayed for 3 nights and we felt safe walking the streets to and from the hotel.

We were checked in by a really great guy called Jim, he was super, when we asked a out the in-room wi-fi he said it was $14.99 per 24hr per device (ouch!!), but its free in the lobby, I must have pulled a face because straight away he said that he'd waive any wi-fi charges we added to our room, perfect!

Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. The only window covering was a blackout blind, so if you want natural light you have to be on display to everyone around the pool and to the rooms opposite. One morning we looked out of our window and we could see another guest laid in bed watching tv. It was like living in a goldfish bowl. We decided to keep the blind down whenever we were in the room which meant putting all the lights on.

The extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work and a couple of plug sockets were also out of action.

The bathroom is tiny but acceptable.

The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet, we didn't hear any other guests.

There was a complimentary bottle of water in our room every day which was a nice touch.

Breakfast is expensive so we walked down the street to Beach Street Grill where we got a good hearty breakfast.

All in all it was ok, I don't think I'd stay here again purely because of the lack of window coverings, for the price of the room I expect a bit of privacy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma F

Dear Emmrich, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for the 5-star rating of our hotel service, cleanliness, sleep quality and location. I was pleased that Jim at our Front Desk made a difference with your arrival experience and that you enjoyed the complimentary in-room bottled water. I hope you can plan a return visit soon and I wish you warm regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is located in a great area, close to Pier 39 and an easy walk to many attractions.

Check in/out was very easy and staff was friendly. Lobby area/food was small but never seemed overly crowded. This hotel runs tight and as efficient as possible so don't expect any frills.

Great outdoor seating with fire pits, if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, make sure you are in the no-smoking area.

Pool area was nice and had both shady and sunny areas. Due to the season, if you needed anything, there was a phone to call for service.

Tip: if you need bottled water, beer, liquor, soda/pop, fruit, snacks, go across the street to the "mall" in the parking ramp. There is a Safeway and Walgreens. We bought a foam cooler for $4 and filled it up with hotel ice to keep things cold.

Tip: if you valet your car, call ahead at LEAST 15 minutes before you need the car. The doorman/valet get very busy at times. Note: Valet is $45 + tax. There is LIMITED parking so if you don't want to pay the extra money, plan a different mode of transportation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear lliJ1007, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for the 4-star rating. I was pleased you found our reception staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed the outdoor fire pits. I hope you both can plan a return visit soon. Take care and warm regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2012

For my friend's wedding celebration, I wanted to do something really special for her.
So, I called the Sheraton's concierge, and they worked closely with me to plan a beautiful surprise for my friend and her new husband. They decorated the room beautifully. They called me to make sure everything was perfect and followed up with me afterwards to make sure everything was to my satisfaction.

I also want to thank Kyle Overacker who went above and beyond to make sure everything turned our perfectly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Lelau, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us during your friends wedding celebration and that our concierge was able to plan a perfect surprise for the happy couple. What a nice treat! I will definitely insure Kyle is informed that his service made all the difference with your stay and we all hope you can return soon. Thanks so much for the review, take care and warm regards,