“Not worth the price”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is expensive, they ask extra costs for all sorts of things: filmchannel on tv, no refridgerator in the room, beds are not made, unfriendly personel, no free wifi.
Location is perfect, public transport nearby.

• Stayed October 2012
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear R_B, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the high ratings for our location and guest rooms. I do apologize you encountered a problem with our Housekeeping staff and I have reviewed your remarks with our Executive Housekeeper. I also apologize you were not informed of our free wi-fi service available in our lobby and restaurant. Thanks so much for the visit and I wish you safe travels and warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Zealand
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Rate this hotel quite highly but mainly because of the location. Very handy to Pier 39 and the Alcatraz cruise pier. also good for a morning run along the waterfront out to Golden Gate. The hotel itself is quite dated (as appears to be most buildings down Fishermans Wharf). Room was ok but nothing special. Service was very good considering it being such a large complex and check in/out both smooth. Would go back for the location and a fairly reasonable price for San Francisco.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Spinks66, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the 4-star rating of our staff service, hotel cleanliness and value. I was pleased you found our service to be very good and you liked our convenient location, adjacent to Pier 39, Alcatraz and the waterfront. I hope you can plan a return visit soon and I wish you safe travels and warm regards,
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent six nights at the hotel at the end of September/beginnimg of October which is in a fantastic location and is really close to local transport i.e the tram line and also the cable cars. Fisherman's Wharf and many attractions are right on the doorstep.
Hotel room was to a high standard and we were very well looked after by our chambermaid who came in on a daily basis.
I also enjoyed the outdoor swimming pool which I made use of a couple of times.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Dotwud, thanks for the great review and the high ratings for our location, value, service, cleanliness and rooms. I was pleased our Housekeeping service was attentive and you were able to enjoy the many attractions in the local area. I hope you and your husband can return soon and I wish you warm regards,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf for 4 days and are so glad we did. This hotel has it all. Café Dining, great martini’s, awesome breakfast buffet, incredibly comfortable beds, newly renovated, etc. The staff is so friendly. The fire pits outside of the lobby are excellent for relaxing with a nice glass of wine in the evening or a warm cup of coffee in the morning. The location is only one block away from the Wharf itself and a very short walk to Pier 39, Alcatraz landing, Ghirardelli Square, among many other attractions. Some of the best dining in San Fran is located just steps from this hotel. There is a great hop on/hop off tour (Supersightseeing – ask for Willie) just one block away on Taylor Street that will take you to 17 other locations around town (Union Square, Chinatown, Little Italy, Golden Gate Bridge, etc). No need for a car at this hotel. If you are looking to stay in the Fisherman’s Wharf/Pier 39 area, this hotel cannot be beat. We will definitely choose this hotel again on our next visit to town. Best of the best in the area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 000_111060
Dear 000_111060, many thanks for the outstanding 5-star review and for your kind comments on our friendly staff. You both certainly did a great deal of sightseeing in only 4 days and I was pleased you enjoyed the experience and the part our hotel played in what sounds like a perfect vacation. Thanks again for the visit and for the recommendation and I hope you can come back soon. Take care and warm regards,
maidstone, england
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here 26th Sept - 3rd October, We thoroughly enjoyed our time here, check in was painless only one person in front of us, we were given a room on the 3rd floor, and it was great, we overlooked a courtyard and the other side of the road had safeway shopping centre. The beds were really comfortable, and for once we both found a pillow we loved, for that thank you. The starbucks coffee was great, and just what I need first thing in a morning. We had plenty of room to hang clothes, store shoes, put away clothes in drawers etc. We used the safe, which was a useful item in the room.

I do not understand the comments about the bathroom, its not that small - have you seen some of the Parisian bathrooms, let alone a new build house in the UK!!! The door could have been better placed I grant you, but it was no big deal. The shower was brilliant, hot and what a force, the shower curtains really worked too, trust me the water normally goes all over the floor, not here. Thank you for the toiletries that were left for us.

The cleaning staff did a great job every day and always had a smile and a hello.

I also do not understand how you can complain about the noisy dustbin men, come on its not the hotels fault. Yes the first day they woke me up too, but thats life, I also got woken up by the cleaning crew that cleaned the safeway trollies, they were on the other side of the street but at least they clean them, again not the hotels fault. Its life get on with it.

Not having free wifi did not bother me in the least, I was on holiday do not want emails, facebook or anything else, so no problem with that either.

The concierge was good enough to arrange a town car service for our trip back to the airport, he was a nice guy, Alex, very reasonable cost and that went smoothly.

The hotel is in a great location for the all the trams, buses, cable cars, piers, wharfs etc., you couldn't pick a better hotel for that.

I loved the decoration, bright colours, brilliant, I felt it suited the hotel and its location.

We sat outside a few times by the fire pits and watched the world go by, very relaxing.

I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again if I was so lucky to get back to San Francisco, its a great hotel, with good staff, who always seem to have a smile on their faces no matter what their jobs are.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor, we found it very good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank annpan
Dear Annpan, many thanks for the 5-star review and for your kind comments on our concierge team and smiling staff. I was very pleased you and your daughter enjoyed the visit and that you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be comfy. Thanks for the visit and I hope you can plan a return visit soon. Take care and warm regards,
New York
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

While the lobby area is very nice and comfortable, the halls and walls of the hotel are like a boat. I get the Fisherman connection, but it's too kitschy and needs upgrading. The food is outrageously priced and I'm from NYC. $5 for a Kashi bar, over $3 for a Starbucks tea that costs $2.50 @ Starbucks.

Free wireless was sketchy except in the lobby. Outdoor fire pits, good wine selection, and the gym are the only things keeping this from a poor rating. Expected more from a Starwood family hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear j29NewYork, thank you for reviewing our hotel and for your kind comments on our signature outdoor firepits, wine selection and our new Sheraton Fitness center. I do apologize you found our food pricing to be high, however we are competitive within San Francisco hotels and generally higher than other areas of the country due to the high cost of living in San Francisco. I hope you enjoyed the area even though you were here on business and hope you can return on a leisure trip in the near future. Thanks again for the review and warm regards,
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a decent hotel in a great location, but there are some major problems. First, who schedules the dumpster/compactor to be picked-up at 7 AM on Sunday morning? It woke up the entire block. Unfortunately, our entire floor had been awakened at 6:30 AM by Sheraton security looking to reunite Mr. Gordon with his lost wife. I've got one word for you fools: discretion. Look it up! And while your at it, wise up.
The room would have been ok if the deadbolt actually locked, the night stand drawer actually opened and the shower actually drained, but hey...if they don't give a crap about waking you at 6:30 AM on a Sunday morning.....why would they worry about the comfort and safety of their rooms? Don't pay full price to stay here. Use Priceline and you can book a night for a hundred bucks. You'll need to save every penny because parking will set you back $51.30 a night. On the plus side, the staff is very friendly and they will let you check in early if they have rooms available. Don't be shy about asking.

Room Tip: There is no where safe at 7 AM on Sunday morning. The unloading/loading of the dumpster/compactor so...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bogusmalarky
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Bogusmalarky, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and my apologies you were disturbed by a noisy trash pickup that early in the morning. The hotel is at the mercy of city services and the time they select to make their rounds, however we do meet with the trash vendor on a regular basis in an attempt to keep such pickups to a reasonable window. I will again call our contact with the service to insure they know an early pickup did take place during your recent visit. I was pleased to hear you found our staff to be very friendly and I do hope we can host your next visit to San Francisco. Just let me know and I'll block a room away from the compactor area. Thanks again for the visit and I wish you warm regards,