WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

Spent five nights here from March 14. Sheraton is in a great location.....close to the Fishermans' Wharf area which we enjoyed as tourists! We walked to the cable car turnaround early one morning...got straight on! Trolley to the city just outside as is the IHOP for cheap, fast meal service and Safeway supermarket. Hotel room was clean and bright but we did miss a refrigerator ..standard in Australian and Malaysian rated accommodation. We will stay here on our next visit! We had a comfortable stay !

• 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Bernside, many thanks for your recent review of our hotel and of the Fisherman's Wharf area. I was pleased you enjoyed all of our local attractions and that you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you so much for the 5-star ratings on our hotel cleanliness and Sheraton Sweet Sleeper quality. It is the most comfy bed in the industry! Safe travels and we look forward to your return. Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

The staff was pleasant and helpful, especially Margarita, who solved a problem I had experienced in the trip and took the time to give me a follow-up call later in the day to be sure I knew that the problem had been fixed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear mwellbo, many thanks for your review and the headline "Excellent Customer Service", as well as your kudo's to Margarita at our front desk. I will most certainly pass on your kind comments to Margarita as she is one of our best ... and was recognized as an overall hotel service award winner this past month! We look forward to your return. Safe travels and warm regards,
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

Hi! Just wanted to share with everyone the great service I received at this hotel. Had some challenges with some loud children and when I shared my concerns with the front desk (woman named Margarita), she was really great about hearing me and attempting to rectify the situation. I travel a great deal and it's not often that I meet someone who is as easy to speak with, a great listener and went above and beyond what most front desk staff do to help me.

I would easily stay here again because I feel like if there were a problem, they would do whatever they needed to get the issue rectified to my liking!

Sheraton, keep up the good work training your staff :-)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear inspiron007, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the 5-star rating. I appreciate your kind comments for the "above and beyond" service that Margarita at our front desk provided during your stay, and will most certainly pass on your kind comments. We look forward to your return and wish you warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I travel a lot and have never written a review before but this experience was so sub standard that I could not let it pass.

My stay did not start well as the hotel couldn't find my reservation - however that could have been down to Thomsom Travel who arranged it. However things went donehill from there.

Room - first room offered overlooked a gray concrete first floor roof and what looked like air lots and lots of conditioning units - the space really needed to have been covered with plant pots and screens so that it was not a horrible eyesore. A real lack of care and attention to guest's experience.

Relocated to another room which was either cold or else if the heating was on the fan was too loud to sleep with it on and there seemed no way to maintain an even temperature.

Sleep - bed comfy enough but room cold - see above and sleep broken by alternating cold feet or noise from heater - it really was loud.

Breakfast - dismal and small seating area with long wait to sit for for breakfast as not nearly enough tables for amount of hotel guests. People milling around in lobby area waiting for seats. Gave up eventually.

Room - seemed clean and fresh. Bathroom/vanity area was clean but very small

Amenities in room - telephone did not make calls and despite informing the hotel nothing was done about this. Lamp on writing desk did not work. Film rental exorbitant.

Refreshments - coffee machine worked fine but everything else was in micro rations - no black tea and only 2 tiny pots of milk and not a lot of anything else.

Staff - all but one were very helpful but appeared to be hampered by hotel's infrastructure which came over as simply profit orientated rather than having much attention to guest's experience.

Internet - charged

All in all very poor experience and terrible value for money

3 Thank NomadAngel
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Dear NomadAngel, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was distressed to see we did not meet your expectations and apologize there was an issue finding your reservation from your travel agent. I was pleased you found our hotel cleanliness to be four-star and staff to be helpful and hope you will consider us again on your next visit to San Francisco. Warm regards,

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

The hotel has only full size beds for guests who need two beds in a room. And can you say bed bugs? In addition to the bed size and bed bugs parking is $50 a night with no alternatives. This is not worth the trouble. Stay downtown and have your choice of parking garages.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear fromthecity, my thanks for reviewing our hotel and my apologies our bed size did not meet your expectations. Double beds are standard for the Fisherman's Wharf area for rooms with two beds. The immediate area also offers a variety of off-hotel parking choices as well. Regarding your concern of bed bugs, our hotel does not have this problem. Infestations are very invasive and require a 2-3 week isolation and series of treatments to cure, so if we did have an problem we would most certainly be aware of it, which is not the case. We wish you safe travels and warm regards,
Whippany, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was awful. I see where many reviewers were impressed with the service and all I have to say to that is … WHAT !!?? The service was below average at best. We sat at the fire pit one night, being harassed by what appeared to be a homeless man, and it took several trips to the desk to get the thing lit. Finally one of the maids walked by and saw us trying to light it by ourselves and went inside and finally got someone to light the fire pit ….. Thank you. We parked in the garage for $50 a night ….. $50 a night !!! And for that privilege I had to get my ticket stamped every time before I could leave the garage. Best of all, one night at around 10pm the fire alarm went off and the ENTIRE hotel had to exit the building !!! I assume the hotel staff thought this was funny since they were all laughing as we walked back in. Rooms seemed old and very standard, bathroom made us feel like we were on a cruise ship. They charged $6 to print an email out from the horrible slow computer in the business center. Never will we stay there again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Odin994, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and my thanks for the 4-star cleanliness rating. My apologies you experienced an issue with a homeless person in the front driveway of the hotel. We are fortunate that the voters of San Francisco recently enacted a new sit/lie ordinance that prohibits this behavior, and as I understand it the new law will be enforced shortly which should resolve this problem in our area. I do apologize you encountered this situation, however the hotel and Fisherman's Wharf Association are working closely with the city of San Francisco to insure these individuals are diverted and cared for with the city's homeless initiatives. I certainly hope you will reconsider staying with us on your next visit to the bay area and wish you warm regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

I use the sheraton for buisnes, Within travels accidents happen. After being set up for 2 night stay, I missed the reservation due to travel complications. I was Un-aware of the policy that you will be charged for missed-reservations. Well after speaking with the office manager, who was extremely proffesional and understanding had re-credited my card and we moved forward.
Upon corporate structure that was extremely great customer service, that went quick and easy.
I will continue to use sheratyon at my number one buisness hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear sfwine, many thanks for the outstanding 5-star review and for your kind comments regarding the service by our manager on duty. I was pleased to see we were able to quickly resolve your reservation issue and that you found our customer service to be great, quick and easy. Thanks again and we look forward to your return visit. Warm regards,