“had a nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
torrance,ca
“had a nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

On our recent stay at the Marriott Marquis, we were really treated well by check-in and received a call to see if our room was to our liking...it made me feel special!!
However, I was not happy with all the add-ons for everything. We are loyal Marriott members and just stayed 2 blocks away at the Courtyard 3 weeks ago-free wired internet and the parking was cheaper. I will stay here again for the customer service and if I get a good rate, but the Courtyard is a cheaper deal.
Great location and fitness room!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank W.O.F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (934)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

But I had to call the front desk for proper "five star" towels.
It's San Francisco; so it's odd to pay for wireless internet in the room, isn't it?
I was happy my work paif for it; and it was at the conference center. I won't book there for vacationing in San Francisco.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Alhambra, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

My son and I stayed at the Marriott Marquis during the recent heat wave in the Bay Area. Our room was spotless. The hotel staff from the the minute we arrived at the valet to the minute we let was fantastic. We ordered breakfast room service and it was incredible, especially the blueberry muffins. Check in was a breeze and took less than five minutes and with the express check out we were on our way without stopping at the front desk. We ate at the 4th Street Bar & Grill twice it was that good and had an excellent breakfast buffet offered at the Mission Grill the morning we left. The only issue we had was with the internet connection but one call to the front desk and it was resolved immediately. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank History1812
Marriott-Marquis, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We are pleased to know that both you and your son had a fantastic stay.

Warm Regards~~
orange county
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

I have to say I am sadly disappointed in the way I was treated by the staff at this hotel...
I never felt so mistreated.... I had some personnal items in my taken... I never assumed I would have to lock everything in the safe... Especially not my medication, which were all prescriptions.
Sadly I went to San Francisco, alittle sick and got sicker since the air was bit colder than Orange county... pretty much had to rely on my staff to handle the business arrangements and meetings for me.
I went to take some of the medication I usually bring just in case... since I have bad asthma... and it was gone.... I told the hotel staff... they were polite gave me their cards etc etc.. came as spoke to me.... did NOTHING....same staff cleaning the next day !!!!!!!!!!
I WAS TOLD THESE TYPES OF MEDICATION HAVE STREET VALUE... are you kidding who on earth would take someone medication.
Next day I spent the day in my room sick... not once did someone come to my room... to clean... not once were their any other acts of kindness....
When I got home... i doubted check my things....just to be sure I dint leave them behind... and they were gone............
PLEASE BEWARE....................PLEASE...............I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.......
LEAVE EVERYTHING HOME OR CARRY AROUND A SUITCASE.... CAUSE NOTHING IS SAFE INSIDE YOUR ROOMS HERE...........NOT EVEN YOUR MEDICATION. How sick is that ????

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bprecious
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed at Marriott Marquis on short trip to San Francisco. Hotel location is great, short walk to SF MOMA, etc. However, rooms were worn. Some mold under the lip of the sink. Bed was comfortable though. It is time for an update....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Scott T
Marriott-Marquis, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We have just completed a beautiful $22 million renovation in all of our meeting rooms and ballroom facilities. Along with all of our public areas. We are also looking forward into the possibility of renovations in our guest rooms as well. How very exciting ! Thank you once again for your feedback and have a great day, from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis ~~
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

This is a very large and competently run hotel. Location is excellent with BART, Muni and SamTrans very nearby. This is a "full service" big city downtown hotel which means you pay separately for everything. Internet access is $12.95 a day however it's free for elite members. Also if you subscribe to AT&T Wifi, Boingo, BT Openzone, etc., you can use your roaming partner relationship to log on. The Concierge Lounge is way too small for the number of guests. A mirrored wall creates the illusion of more space but doesn’t provide more seating. And a glass of wine in the Lounge costs $8.50! The health club (sauna and steam) is $7 per day for everyone. Didn't try the restaurants as there's a Denny's and Mels just across the street for breakfast. Was given a corner room on a high floor which was spacious and comfortable. Despite otherwise good housekeeping a few mildew spots were evident in the shower tile grout. Speaking of the shower, it was one of the most powerful I have ever witnessed, so be prepared to enjoy your shower! If you're looking for a large comfortable modern well situated convention hotel, this is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Marquis, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. As we review our guest opinions we understand how important it is to have the amentias that you were able to utilize during your stay, and to feel that you are right at home. That you found our Marriott Marquis surrounded in a great location with excellent transportation. As well as your enjoyable stay with us. We thank you once again.

Sincerely~~
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

We were in San Francisco to enjoy the cool weather and go to museums and shops. We had a corner room on the 28th floor for $159 per night. The room was very clean and quiet (no noise from other rooms). King bed was comfortable although not the Marriott feather topper beds at some "flagship" Marriotts. Elevators run quickly.

Although it was $22 per person (with a cold-only buffet for $17 per person) breakfast buffet, we enjoyed the buffet complete with omelets of your choice and pancakes and waffles on request. Lots of fresh fruit and good coffee and juice service.

If you are willing to put up with somewhat crowded buses or trolleys, you can buy a transit pass at the booth next to the Powell station, just a block from the hotel and take trolleys (electric powered buses) to Golden Gate Park (home of the art museum and science museum and to Fisherman's Wharf and many other location. Fisherman's Wharf has degenerated to many t-shirt and souvenir shops, but there are still some good seafood restaurants there.

You can take Bart from SFO to the Powell Street station and be one-block from the hotel for $8.10 per person, but at 10 am on Saturday, we returned to the airport in about the same time (40 minutes) in a taxi for a $32 fare.

We enjoyed the 1 pm tour from the Ferry Building (the tour is offered by San Francisco Shuttles) to Muir Woods. It's nice to go on a tour you do not have to be up at 8 am to take.
Muir Woods is definetly worth the visit and the roads are narrow and winding and I would much rather go on the tour than drive. On weekends, I believe there is a public bus from Sausilito, which you can reach on the ferry from the San Francisco ferry building.

Yes, there are homeless people in San Francisco, but they did not seem aggressive, so we did not mind. There is a Starbucks in the hotel that closes after lunch, but there is a regular Starbucks just a block from the hotel as well as Mel's Diner which is a pleasant chain restaurant that serves breakfast all day and has good sandwiches.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Marquis, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Thank you for visiting the San Francisco Marriott Marquis , "City by the Bay ! And for sharing with us all the of the site seeing, riding our San Francisco Cable Cars, and enjoying your trip to Muir Woods during your stay. Sounds fantastic !

Have a wonderful,