“Rodeway Inn Civic Center Don't Count on parking”

Rodeway Inn Civic Center
Ranked #204 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Clifton, New Jersey
“Rodeway Inn Civic Center Don't Count on parking”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Rodeway Inn Civic Center
2 stars
860 Eddy St, San Francisco, CA, 94109 United States ‎866-539-0036‎

Check-in at 4:00 pm told don't leave any valuables in car. nothing else, Returned at 9:00pm after dinner with Kids. Sorry no parking you have to take you changes on the street! Attendant told us to park carefully wheels in because police give ticket for little reason or no reason. Choose this place by phone representative of hotels com because of free parking. Hotels.com level 3 service said you have to check the hotel yourself they are not reasonableness for their representative advice. Buyers beware!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Arnold07014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed there for two nights, just crashed in very late one night, and went out early in the day to come back again late night and left the following day. It is not far from city center. Nothing very good, stairways very cramped, and rooms non-descript. Breakfast served is very ordinary, but serves you coffee and a cake, orange juice, or tea if you care for it. Parking was available when we were there, but we could see that if all rooms were full, there would not be space for all. However, we did not get rooms with stains on beds/towels etc.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dipanjan B
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. Do not stay here! First I called to make the reservation because I just wanted to hold the room with my credit card, but pay cash when I checked in. I was told this would be fine by the guy that made the reservation, but when I checked in the girl said that she had to charge my card and then when I checked out the next day she could cancel the charge to my card and then I could pay cash. This doesnt make any sense so after convincing the non english speaking woman of that she agreed to let me pay cash. Then around 8:30pm that evening I get a call from the girl at the front desk saying that I needed to come in and pay them. I told her that I HAD already payed her, but she just argued with me and was insistant I had not paid. She kept yelling at me saying that I took back the money. I finally convinced her that she needed to check her end again. At 9:30, AFTER I AM SLEEPING,she calls and says that she has found the money and it was their mistake. No duh!!! The noise at thIs place is horrible!!!! It sounded like there was a heard of elephants above me all night and the people next door werent much better. This was an all night thing. I was awoken by the loudest noise at 3 & 6 am, but hey who needs sleep at a hotel, its only the reason I booked a hotel!!! Dont get too excited over the "free" parking & breakfast, these are just condolence prizes you get for having to stay in this horrible place. Please spare yourself and just look to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank heatherjennette1022

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2011

only has parking for a few cars so we were made to park on street and were told to move our vehicle by 7am. front desk guy was arguing with a customer in front of us. comforter had stains on it. the bath towels had yellow stains and holes in them. the room smelled musty. it's also located in a questionable area. we stayed here for free with our choice privileges points, but would have rather spent money on something decent, than to stay here for free. overall, a disgusting place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
25 Thank michelle k
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I warn you condition of this hotel is nothing like it appears in the promo photos on this site. Believe me the photos need to be updated to reflect the actual condition of this deplorable establishment! It is dirty and very, very run down and is located in a bad part of town! The elevator is one step above a dumb waiter with a manual door and it is so small it is over crowded with one passenger and one suitcase. We made our reservations in advance through choisehotels.com using my VISA to confirm and hold our reservation. When we arrived we were treated like we were low lives renting the room by the hour by the hotel management who demanded we fork over a $20 CASH key deposit. After refusing to pay the $20 cash key deposit and using the antique elevator to get to the third floor and then seeing the deplorable condition of the room we decided not to stay and immediately checked out NEVER TO RETURN!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
47 Thank J B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Very smooth check in by very nice managers. Good location one half block from Van Ness and from there you can go any where in the city. Direct # 47 bus to Fisherman's Wharf. Clean rooms and free parking if you want to park a car. Free continental breakfast.
It is not a five star motel but for the money it's a bargain and my stay's have always been
pleasant. And that is important as San Francisco can be very expensive for lodging.

Room Tip: I like the third floor when available.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Donald M
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed that the Rodeway In Civic Center for 4 nights. The room was very clean and recently renovated. The maid service was friendly and efficient. The check in procedure was quick and painless. The free WiFi internet connected easily and was fast. There was a coffee maker along with coffee, a TV with cable and HBO and a refrigerator in my room. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. A great value for the price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business