“TRAVELODGE BY THE BAY - AN EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge by the Bay

Travelodge by the Bay
LEICESTER
“TRAVELODGE BY THE BAY - AN EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff were very helpful and friendly.
The location was perfect for me as it was very close to the bay and Fishermans Wharf but also on a good bus route for downtown.
The place on the outside could use a coat of paint but the room was clean and quiet.
We stayed for 7 nights and the room was cleaned and fresh towels were put out every day.
I have stayed here before and would be more than happy to stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

3 Thank ANDY B
chris_widner, Manager at Travelodge by the Bay, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I wanted to mention that we will be giving our property a completely new paint job in less than a month. Again, thanks for the kind response and please come back and see us again the next time you're in San Francisco!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
NAPA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

....average decent hotel....retro 70's/not updated...comfortable/clean/worn...large room 303/sm bathroom...3rd/top floor facing Lombard St...parking for a nominal fee...we liked the view & didn't mind the busy traffic outside...widow opens for fresh cool air. Service was great...we requested an early check-in & for a few more bucks was accommodated...needed extra towels which were delivered in minutes...location was near Fisherman'sWharf. Basic minimal continental breakfast to get the day started...coffee & muffins & toast & fruit. & juice. Great girlfriends weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank CHARLOTTE A
Rockhampton, Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is in a nice area of the city and you can walk to both the cafe area at Union Street and the marina area. At no point did I feel unsafe about walking around outside. We were originally planning a more expensive hotel in the CBD. Glad i didn't due to the number of people hanging about the town centre at night.
Parking at the hotel is very reasonable for SF. Rooms are not fancy - but are adequate considering you won't spend much time in the room in this city. The beds were pretty good. The staff are all very helpful.
Breakfast is 'basic' but enough to get you going. Could do with a few more outdoor seats as the breakfast room gets very crowded. Would I stay here again - Yes

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank robmigrates
chris_widner, Manager at Travelodge by the Bay, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I completely agree with you in regards to the outside seating area for the breakfast. The managers here have been discussing the different ways to arrange things to maximize the seats and also clear the congestion a bit. By next summer we will definitely have a bit more seating added to the outside portion of our breakfast room. Thank you for your review!
Mulberry, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This Travel Lodge, like most hotels in San Fran was a little older, but the room was huge, very clean, quiet, and in a perfect location. The day and evening staff was very kind and helpful with all our needs. It also had on site self parking which was a large factor for our choice. There were some good resturants within walking distance, and bus routes very close. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently refurbished room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kingsransomfla
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Like the other Travelodge that we stayed at (in Monterey) this hotel is definitely worn around the edges. Our room was large with two queen sized beds and lots of extra floor space. Bathroom very small as is common in hotels of this vintage. Bed linen was clean but bedspreads were very last century. But it was a budget option and those are hard to find in San Francisco - especially in such a central location. The ability to park our car onsite for a very reasonable extra fee ($15 per night, I think) was a real plus - other hotels can charge $50 or more. We stayed two nights and had quiet nights even though the hotel was full and access to the rooms is via an outside balcony. We grabbed coffee, juice and muffins from the breakfast room in the morning - not much selection but OK. So in summary, this place cost about twice as much as other much nicer hotels on our trip but only half as much as others on offer in San Francisco. You definitely pay for location and that's what we wanted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
chris_widner, Manager at Travelodge by the Bay, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our excellent location and our cheap parking. I am sorry to hear that our new duvets had not come in yet during your stay. You will be happy to know that we now have new Simmons Pillow Top Mattresses’ and Duvets for all of our rooms. We also replaced all of the pillows in the rooms. Over the past year we have managed to finish a long list of upgrades, such as Wireless-N Wi-Fi, new lobby, new breakfast room, in room safes and the items I mentioned previously. Over the next year or so we will be doing the following: fresh stone to the building, new paint, new railings, new roof and a newly paved parking lot. Although remodeling is a very time consuming process, we are certain that our guests will be very pleased with our property when it’s completed. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we hope you will return the next time you're in San Francisco to see all of our improvements!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised and highly recommend this for the cleanliness, large rooms, great service and convenience to everything you will want to tour and to transportation. They have three parking lots so don't be concerned if the main parking lot is full, just pull in and they'll bring you and your vehicle to their lower ramp.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Annex" which is away from the street and quiet and private. Don't k...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lynn_Minneapolis
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My trip to San Francisco was so late minute I planned to sleep in my car because I had no reservation. I found this location to be very clean and not one bit shady as I found a lot of the other hotels/motels on Lombard street.
The manager who checked us in(I never got her name,she wears glasses and shes white,sorry don't mean to disrespect)was the nicest person. She got us a room right away.
I work at a Hilton, so I know how rooms should look, what they should have. When I walked into my room I found it very clean. The restroom was very clean I had more than enough towels for a room for two beds. The sink was shiny clean.
Now the beds were so nice, and the sheets were extremely clean.
The internet was so fast, it puts my internet at work in shame.Never had to call the front desk for anything, because everything was in working condition.
Where I work you have to pay even for a continental breakfast,so having breakfast that was simple but yet delicious for free, a big plus.
The manager gave us directions to Fisherman's Wharf, we had a great time.

Now. there was one thing that could of been better, I know it had to come, the tv. But trust me you could live with an older tv for a place that has it all and at a reasonable price.

But overall a great location. Very clean, housekeeping was very nice. And the front desk was flawless. Plus I was very happy knowing that my new car was safe in the parking, both under the hotel and in the open parking lot.

Thanks so much Travelodge I will be seeing you again. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family