“Perfect for passing through!”

City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco
Ranked #210 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Perfect for passing through. If you want to go sight seeing everything is very easily accessible. Also very clean and friendly! Felt very safe and secure, also had a good breakfast. The staff was very helpful and polite. Felt like home. The room was very very clean and comfy.

• Stayed: November 2013
CityCenterHotelSF, Front Office Manager at City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your honest review and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again, as we recently upgraded all our beddings and are renovating our lobby and suites! Wishing you happy holidays!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Located just a few blocks south of Market, this hotel is perfect for a simple stay in San Francisco. Beds are comfy, toiletries are just the essentials, free limited parking, and a light breakfast of pastries and coffee/juice is free each morning. I have stayed here more than once and I plan to keep coming back.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed here last weekend and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! We thought we'd be saving money by not staying at one of the nicer chains closeby, but we were wrong!

Firstly, we arrived about 1 hour before check-in time and were told to wait - the lady at the front desk didn't even look to see if a room was available... just told us to come back in an hour.

Once we received our room keys, we rode up the tiny elevator barely big enough for 2 people and 2 bags. This thing must've been ancient because it didn't appear to have a censor to tell when someone's hand is in the way to hold the door... the door just closed and almost caught my hand! And then it didn't go to our floor. We had to stop at the floor below and walk the final stairs up. What a waste of time.

Inside the room it smelled a bit funky. The odor dissipated once we opened the windows. The interior leaves MUCH to be desired (pictures to follow!). We couldn't figure out how to get the cable to work on the TV so left it off the entire time. The walkways outside the rooms are paved with pebbles, which are extremely noisy when people are walking and/or dragging bags.

I don't know how these people can charge OVER $200 a night for these conditions. On top of all that, they have charged my credit card TWICE. I called to dispute the charges and was told to wait 2-7 business days.

The only positives I have to note are: Free parking and lots of pillows on the bed. Everything else was bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aggieshark
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The situation of the hotel is excellent. The room 's curtains an rogue were stained. Had problem because the rate that was fixed in my reservation was no respected. Thanks to Miss. Ashford could recive a small rebate although not covering the diference.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 777Eduardo

Dear Sir, I helped you so much and you did stay at our hotel and your reservation was respected and honored, so I am perplexed, as you told me you enjoyed your stay at our hotel too. I do appreciate your comments and I am happy to inform you that recently all our shears, pillows, triple sheetings were upgraded and we are continually doing renovations to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel. Wishing you a Happy Holidays!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Bad area,bad neighborhood ,smelly, unclean, charged more than the price I originally found on internet,noises, called two nights in a row for my noisy unruly neighbor at three AM. but front office suggested I take care of it myself, dark hallways, didn't,t feel safe ,don't take your loved ones there.not worth risking safety or comfort, bedding had bugs , I stayed three horrible nights.

Room Tip: Find another place
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

South of Market is very electic and offers many fine restaurants on Folsom Street just around the corner and we are walking distance to all the Shopping Centers and main Cable Car station, we are sorry that you did not like the location. We do appreciate your comments on our free Wifi, which I am happy to share that we did expand the service and it took some time for all the logistics to take place, some times its out of our hands when the work will get done, but its all been updated now and we are very pleased with the results, most other hotel charge $20-30 per day for Wifi. We use the mattress protectors for cleanliness, sanitation purposes and they are made of cotton with a waterproof backing made of the finest quality and its hypro-allergenic too, we did look into the matter, as you were the first to mention that it felt plastic and changed it nonetheless. We are please that we did recently upgraded our mattress pads, triple sheeting to satin stripe finish with 250 TC and brand new platinum series pillows too! We do hope you give us a second chance. Wishing you happy holidays!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Booked our reservation (not prepaid) in April for a stay end of September... got a phone call from them one week prior to arrival that they had a computer glitch and that they were going to charge us $50 / night more... told them I had it in writing on my reservation, they said I had no recourse and that I will either pay the charge or could cancel my reservation. Be ware of them!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank yankeh
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just don't even look at this hotel. Last minute booking for our honeymoon for 2 nights, walked In to our room and the old musty smell overwhelmed us. After 5 minutes my wife left gagging from it. We had to use the wifi across the street in the hotel lobby because it wasn't available in our room. We had to goto McDonalds to get wifi and book another hotel. VERY shady area we were told not to go out after dark. Oh and let's not forget the plastic covered mattress and the room looking nothing like their pics I just hope the bed bugs didn't get on our luggage, now I need to go shower after being in there. Don't let City Center Inn and Suites ruin your vacation we checked into a best western just down the street which was very secure and had a nice retro look pictures match the rooms

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple