WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #214 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco, California
“Just Wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in room 111 and discovered bedbugs in the sheets, I had a friend with me and we took the bed apart to find it INFESTED with bed bugs, it was three am, we took a lighter and killed maybe 15 of the bigger buggs and put them in a napkin, I took the napkin to the front desk at a time before checkout to show them what I found and request to change rooms nothing more, the lady at the counter was extremely rude after I showed her the napkin with the 15 bedbugs, and actually had the nerve to accuse me of bringing them with me and that that was why they had the infestation. Long story short 8 days after my say in the knights inn the charged my card $200 dollars for cleaning of the bedbugs and for another night.

Room Tip: I would steer clear of this place entirely
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Maui D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Nyack, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The front desk clerk seems helpful but he does not help at all. They do non accept cash, just credit cards, and even we had 10 days reservation, he did not give us any any kind of ease.
Very important, If you are picking this hotel because of the breakfast, do not let them cheat you!!! They say continental breakfast! but is a tremendous lie! It a small cup of coffe(w no milk), instant juice and just a danish! Both my friend and I have intoleratn problems: she is diabetic and i am celiac ( cant eat gluten), we told them so, and the only respnse we had back is a 10% discount in a cafe nearby! I cant believe this is the only meal they can offer! Even a yogourth or fruit instead.
I have to say that the room cleaners are very kind and willing.
I Would not come back at all.
The room is small, but fairly clean, although when we arrived the room was so filthy that i almost wante to puke, but we told them and changed us to another clean room, but we were drustful about the cleaning, at last the room is fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Alberta Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front desk was ok, cleaning staff were fine, but the owner of this place, does not care to take pride in ownership. Mold in the bathroom, hair dryer falling apart with electrical wires hanging out, lamp shades melted from light bulb. The most amazing thing we saw was on the front window after 2 nights, this building may cause cancer, pregnant women should not be near this place. Why didint the front desk tell us about this we dont know. Looking through other pictures people have posted on this place, the piece of paper warning about this cancer causing building is there, taped to front window.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KnightsInnSF, General Manager at City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review, and actions were taken to fix the items you listed from your reveiw on another site, as owner we are on top of things and take lots of pride, so please do not be mistaken, as frankly, I am surprised you fail to note the new bedding, carpeting, cleanliness and a great staff!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

San Fran. is pricey. For everyone who bags on the Knights Inn for being an expensive dump... I say you'd be hard pressed to find a hotel for the same price that is going to give you luxury accommodations.
Pros:
-Comfortable bed, pillows, linens.
-Our room had new carpet and the main room looked like it was recently refurb'ed.
-Personal bathroom (not shared like some other low cost hotels).
-Close to downtown and action
Cons:
-Bathroom was sketchy
-Shower was even more sketchy
-Front counter staff is weird
-Small square footage

Would I stay there again? Good question. Hopefully by my next San Fran. trip I will be a little better off financially, and I'll spend a little more for better accommodations.

Room Tip: "check to see if the room was recently renovated"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reno, nv
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here to be close to downtown and we didn't want to pay the price for the hotels in the city. The location was awesome and I love the SOMA area. We found a couple really cool places right around the corner from our hotel. Be prepared for lots of homeless in this area wherever you stay. They were all very nice and kept to themselves, but some corners smell really bad.

The hotel....my boyfriend said he didn't think they changed his sheets the first day he checked in because they smelled like perfume. The next day he requested new pillows and they were more than happy to replace them for us. The room is extremely small. The bathrooms are clean and decent size...shower only. Loved the old school hair dryer :) The hall ways and entrance were a little sketchy at this place. Reminds me of a live in hotel they've tried to convert to a nicer place to stay.

I gave this place a 2 because it appeared for the price there were a lot better places we could have stayed. I think for what you get it is over priced! This hotel should really be less than $100.

Oh and there is on site parking. We left our car in the lot the entire time and walked everywhere.

• Stayed October 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friend and I were quite happy about how clean, open and flowing the hotel room was. The bedrooms and living area were spacious, and the bathroom looked modern and efficient. However, we noted that the three windows of our living area had no window coverings at all. We went to the front desk to address this and were told that they were being cleaned, that they would be replaced the next day. The next day, only one of the three windows had a blinds put in place. The other two windows remained "bare" for the remaining 4 days. Others could easily see into our room.

During our 5-night stay at the Knights Inn, between the two of us, we had to have one of our room key cards “re-keyed” at least four separate times – that is an average of a re-keying almost every day, which was quite annoying.

The cleaning staff was pretty good, but they never washed the glasses and mugs which were in the room. One day they left a can of "bed bug/dust mite" spray in the room.

The 3 of the 4 front desk staff didn’t seem to know much about how properly to handle situations which arose. One time they sent us back to our room to find out information about the room and another time when we were not given new towels, they sent us to find housekeeping to get towels. The staff should be responsible for this.

During our stay (late September), the room was a little over $300 per night (tax included), which I found excessive for the service which we were given.

I wrote a complaint letter to Knights Inn. They responded with sincere apologies and are returning a portion of my bill as a reimbursement.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a value oriented hotel in the popular SOMA district of SF. Good things are the location and the housekeepers do a good job of cleaning the rooms although the exterior and common areas are in need of updating and repair. The rates for this hotel during local events are higher than the should be ($169) for this very basic lodging. I was booked in the annex, which I believe is an older property than the main hotel, the walls are very thin and you can hear everything in the hallway and the person snoring next door. No elevator so you have to lug your bags up the stairs. The office only has one person their part of the time, getting someone to answer the phone is impossible and the key card locks appear to malfunction quite often. My biggest complaint though is that they pre-authorize charges on your credit card and then don't remove them when they settle the bill. 4 days after checking out, my AMEX card has a charge for $585 and additional "pending charges" of $790 still tying up my credit line. Trying to contact the hotel by phone has not been successful. I've filed a complaint with Knights Inn Corporate and also contacted American Express to document the problem. Hopefully, the management will get the message that they need to make some changes in how they run this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the annex, no elevator, poor insulation and very inconvenient.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo