“A bit of a disappointment for the price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco

City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco
Ranked #213 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A bit of a disappointment for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friend and I were quite happy about how clean, open and flowing the hotel room was. The bedrooms and living area were spacious, and the bathroom looked modern and efficient. However, we noted that the three windows of our living area had no window coverings at all. We went to the front desk to address this and were told that they were being cleaned, that they would be replaced the next day. The next day, only one of the three windows had a blinds put in place. The other two windows remained "bare" for the remaining 4 days. Others could easily see into our room.

During our 5-night stay at the Knights Inn, between the two of us, we had to have one of our room key cards “re-keyed” at least four separate times – that is an average of a re-keying almost every day, which was quite annoying.

The cleaning staff was pretty good, but they never washed the glasses and mugs which were in the room. One day they left a can of "bed bug/dust mite" spray in the room.

The 3 of the 4 front desk staff didn’t seem to know much about how properly to handle situations which arose. One time they sent us back to our room to find out information about the room and another time when we were not given new towels, they sent us to find housekeeping to get towels. The staff should be responsible for this.

During our stay (late September), the room was a little over $300 per night (tax included), which I found excessive for the service which we were given.

I wrote a complaint letter to Knights Inn. They responded with sincere apologies and are returning a portion of my bill as a reimbursement.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a value oriented hotel in the popular SOMA district of SF. Good things are the location and the housekeepers do a good job of cleaning the rooms although the exterior and common areas are in need of updating and repair. The rates for this hotel during local events are higher than the should be ($169) for this very basic lodging. I was booked in the annex, which I believe is an older property than the main hotel, the walls are very thin and you can hear everything in the hallway and the person snoring next door. No elevator so you have to lug your bags up the stairs. The office only has one person their part of the time, getting someone to answer the phone is impossible and the key card locks appear to malfunction quite often. My biggest complaint though is that they pre-authorize charges on your credit card and then don't remove them when they settle the bill. 4 days after checking out, my AMEX card has a charge for $585 and additional "pending charges" of $790 still tying up my credit line. Trying to contact the hotel by phone has not been successful. I've filed a complaint with Knights Inn Corporate and also contacted American Express to document the problem. Hopefully, the management will get the message that they need to make some changes in how they run this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the annex, no elevator, poor insulation and very inconvenient.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

After changing my plans i was left wanting in San Fran,due to things out of my control i ended up hear. Not wanting to fork out $500 a night i ended up here @ $260 p/n double.my fault you get what you pay for, well usually $260 gets you a great room.

Room Tip: DONT do it, look eleswhere
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Qiryat Ono
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

reasonable loaction (15 min. walk from city center) though might seems bit of unfreindly (in particular along Market St. between 6th & 8th street)

check in time is at 15:00. inconvenient after long flight.
reasonable maintainance and room cleaning

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Toilet had flapper valve torn off; unusable. We were changed to different room that had shower with constant leak. Room clean, but tiny & dowdy; bed was comfy. Coffe maker had broken lid. Hotel is several stories tall, but NO elevators! Most rooms are across street from office located in mid--block, no crosswalk. Room was quiet with good bed and cleanliness, but nothing else in this hotel is aceptable, I most often stay at Motel 6's, but this hotel is FAR below M 6 standards.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank artgoulet
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

For me a hotel room is just a place to sleep and shower, and I don't pay much attention to the details so this is my first hotel review. My room was inconveniently across the street from the office. The first thing I noticed was the bed offset from the base. I had to lift up my friend's bed so he could push in a metal bar in that was sticking out. All the lamps in the room were connected to the same wall switch. Wireless internet strength varied for me. My friend logged onto another open network. There was no remote for the TV. The radio/clock was broken and unable to be set. The bathroom light was on a timer with no fan. Even after crossing the street and speaking to the front desk, the phone had no dial tone. Hotel info said the place had been refurbished in 2008, since then dust bunnies had been multiplying behind the bathroom door under the peeling wallpaper.

Room Tip: Hotels in San Francisco are expensive and the city adds on its own tax. I suggest booking a room out...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Al S
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is so poorly run and managed I can't believe the Wyndham group would want to be associated with this establishment. I arrived for my confirmed reservation. I had booked directly with the hotel. Only to be told, my reservations were transferred to another city - a 30 minute drive. I told them it was not acceptable but they did not care. I told the reception I was not going to stay at the other place and cancelled the reservation. She assured me I would not be charged. Not only was I left scrambling to find another hotel room in the city, once I got credit card I was charged by the other hotel. The hotel was non-responsive with assisting to refund the money. They had I had to a call the other hotel - what a joke. I had to contact Wyndham customer service to resolve. Never again would I stay or book a room at this place.

Room Tip: Don't make a reservation unless you want to be scrambling to find a room upon check-in
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo