“good and convenient option”

City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco
Ranked #208 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed September 9, 2012

reasonable loaction (15 min. walk from city center) though might seems bit of unfreindly (in particular along Market St. between 6th & 8th street)

check in time is at 15:00. inconvenient after long flight.
reasonable maintainance and room cleaning

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Toilet had flapper valve torn off; unusable. We were changed to different room that had shower with constant leak. Room clean, but tiny & dowdy; bed was comfy. Coffe maker had broken lid. Hotel is several stories tall, but NO elevators! Most rooms are across street from office located in mid--block, no crosswalk. Room was quiet with good bed and cleanliness, but nothing else in this hotel is aceptable, I most often stay at Motel 6's, but this hotel is FAR below M 6 standards.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank artgoulet
Reviewed July 30, 2012

For me a hotel room is just a place to sleep and shower, and I don't pay much attention to the details so this is my first hotel review. My room was inconveniently across the street from the office. The first thing I noticed was the bed offset from the base. I had to lift up my friend's bed so he could push in a metal bar in that was sticking out. All the lamps in the room were connected to the same wall switch. Wireless internet strength varied for me. My friend logged onto another open network. There was no remote for the TV. The radio/clock was broken and unable to be set. The bathroom light was on a timer with no fan. Even after crossing the street and speaking to the front desk, the phone had no dial tone. Hotel info said the place had been refurbished in 2008, since then dust bunnies had been multiplying behind the bathroom door under the peeling wallpaper.

Room Tip: Hotels in San Francisco are expensive and the city adds on its own tax. I suggest booking a room out...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Al S
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is so poorly run and managed I can't believe the Wyndham group would want to be associated with this establishment. I arrived for my confirmed reservation. I had booked directly with the hotel. Only to be told, my reservations were transferred to another city - a 30 minute drive. I told them it was not acceptable but they did not care. I told the reception I was not going to stay at the other place and cancelled the reservation. She assured me I would not be charged. Not only was I left scrambling to find another hotel room in the city, once I got credit card I was charged by the other hotel. The hotel was non-responsive with assisting to refund the money. They had I had to a call the other hotel - what a joke. I had to contact Wyndham customer service to resolve. Never again would I stay or book a room at this place.

Room Tip: Don't make a reservation unless you want to be scrambling to find a room upon check-in
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Steven F
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Reception - rude. Management - tight - there is an amazing list of charges in the room - $500 for an IKEA lamp. Location good and parking good. Otherwise desperation would be the only reason you would stay here (it was for me - turned up not reaslising that this weekend was Gay Pride and the whole town was booked out). You have to laugh thought - at reception there is a note that says "The free breakfast consists of a coffee, an orange drink and a single pastry - if you want any more here is a list of local resturants". Sort of "we know we are rubbish, so go here if you are still hungry" or "we know our rooms are dirty, here is a name of a damm good disinfectant". SF hotels are not cheap - this one isnt cheap but it doesnt need to be so nasty - odd thing, the physical hotel isnt so bad and it wouldnt be that bad a place to stay if the manager stopped hating the customers. Definitely one for the third world

Room Tip: Go to the BEst Western
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Des W
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Decent location, terrible rooms, noisy due to street, TV did not function, curtains dirty and with holes, overall: would never go again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Sebastian S
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Perhaps we were spoiled by the great, cheap, room we had in Vegas but, man, this place (three times the price of the Vegas motel) was Not Good. It takes a lot to make me want to write a bad review but I feel compelled to warn you all off.
Booked online - no option for twin room so booked a double and sent an email requesting a twin. Never heard anything back and when we arrived they had booked us into a double room. No offer to move us or even apologise. The staff member behind the desk actually said "and it's quite a small double bed too". They did give us the option of a rollaway bed we could use.....for $20 a night.
When we got into the room there wouldn't have been room to put a rollaway bed anyway! The bed that was in there had a chunk of metal sticking out of it that gashed my friend's foot. Rat-trap on the floor also didn't exactly fill us with confidence either. Walls so thin I could hear a guy in the next room cleaning his teeth.

Charged a $125 "security deposit" to my credit card at check-in, which I've never encountered before and don't yet know if I've got back.
They certainly are mercenary in this place. In your room is a long list of what they'll charge you for every item should they become damaged/lost. From $1300 for the curtains down to $2 for each battery in the remote control.
You can't even dial a toll-free (75cents) or local call (75cents + 77cents per min) for free. In most other places I've stayed everything bar long-distance is gratis.
On our last day I asked at the desk about booking a cab as we had to leave at 2.30am to get to the airport. Was told, no problem just call from your room half an hour beforehand. Which is what I did. Was told by the chap on the end of the phone that they don't do that before 4am(?!?!) and to "just go out on the street and hail one".
Which is what we had to do since the cab company (which my local friend had given me a number for) could only accept calls made from the lobby not a room (which I found out during an abovementioned Expensive Phonecall) and the phone in the lobby was apparently "not working" when I went over to ask.
So me and my - female - friend were out on the streets of downtown SF looking for a cab, which SF is not the best place for, at 2.30am on a Saturday night with all our luggage. We may as well have been wearing a sign saying "Hi we're desperate tourists please mug us". The cabbie that picked us up got a gratefully large tip I can tell you.

I picked this motel as it wasn't in the "Tenderloin" area (a bit of a no-go zone apparently) and it was close to town and my friend's apartment. I made a mistake. Choose another place.

Room Tip: Don't bother. Even the best room in the place wouldn't make it worthwhile.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends