We arrived an hour before check in and the staff was kind enough to allow us to park our car and leave our bags with them, no charges or hassle. Upon our return that night, check in was quick and easy! EVERY staff member was kind and curteous.... BUT that is where it all ENDED.
My two friends and I dragged our luggage ACROSS the street (the hotel has rooms on BOTH sides of the street) and then up TWO flights of stairs... no REAL big issue, YET.
Upon entering the room, we were OVERWHELMED with the smell and filth. The drapes have probably NEVER been cleaned, (at one time, they must've been beige, but now are more a GREY-BLACK color). The bedding was stained. Only ONE bed had a mattress pad cover, but both (AT LEAST) mattresses were wrapped in plastic. I assume this is because of bed bugs or something. It was great to find dried boogers on the walls, right at eye level when lying in bed.
I entered the bathroom and found a smoked cigarette on the floor, next to the tub. The sink was spotless, but the tub was pretty gross. NONE of us took a shower, but I washed off my feet. More watered poured out of the faucet were it met the wall than the faucet itself.
Needless to say, if other hotels weren't booked solid, we would have stayed somewhere else.
Overall, we would not recommend booking here (even though the staff was super nice and helpful). The place is dirty and the housekeeping is non-existent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the City Center Inn & Suites San Francisco where we are located in the urban quiet Downtown/South of Market, or SOMA, district which is much compared to New York City's Soho district known for eclectic fine dining, popular dance/night clubs, lounges and outlet shopping. Walk to the main Cable Cars station ride them to Union Square - famous shopping area, Westfield/Bloomingdales Mall within walking distance, Chinatown - one of the best in the United States, & Fisherman's Wharf- enjoy renowned dungress crab cakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn - Downtown San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Knights Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Knights Inn