Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
4,074 results
All reviews sam's diner city hall civic center orpheum theater historical hotel bart station market st public transportation an older hotel few blocks starbucks sf burnie doorman trolley pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were there for couple night . It’s an old almost historic hotel . Very busy long line to check in. It right on market st where you can walk anywhere. We walked 30 mins painted ladies. All the restaurant is around . Also 2 blocks away is very bad area with homeless.
Ps. Don’t park at the hotel they over charge you for $55 for over nite. You can fine near by parking for $25 every Conner off the hotel

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AlexTran-Whitcomb, Front Office Manager at Hotel Whitcomb, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello tomtom_rocks44,

Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the business and do apologize for the long-line upon check-in due to the high amount to our guests arrived for the music festival. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location which allowed you to walk to nearby attractions as well as other restaurants around. Regarding the parking, I do apologize that the parking charge of $45 plus taxes for valet service did not work out for you. I wonder if the other parking garage of $25 will provide valet service and 24-hour privilege in-and-out as we do? We appreciate the business and would love to welcome you back sometime soon when you travel back to San Francisco again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved the old-timey feel of the hotel. Did not love the tiny bathroom and no water pressure, but the money for the location was just right in San Francisco. We chose it because it is right across the street from the Orpheum theater.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello twamba983028,

Thank you for the positive review. We do apologize that the bathroom size did not work for you as well as the inconvenience that occurred during your stay with the water pressure. However, I am glad to hear that it did not affect your experience overall and happy to know that you enjoyed the location and the value we offered. We appreciate the business and hope to see you the next time you travel back to San Francisco.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel looked lovely on the pictures, but is in a really part of Market Street. During conference week last week, I was charge over $600 per night for a room that was not much bigger than my suitcase, and that needed some TLC. The plug in the sink did not work, and the main light did not work either. The bathroom had not been refurbished for at least 40 years I think.

Dear Richard G,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We do apologize for the inconveniences occurred during your stay here with us during the conference week. It seemed like we dropped the ball at many levels here regarding the sink, the main light, and the bathroom while you were here. We take our guests' feedbacks seriously and make promptly improvement to serve our future guests better. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make it up to you. If you decide to give us an opportunity to welcome you back, please drop me a call at 415-686-8000 ext. 185. I am looking forward to hearing back from you. Farewell!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Hotel Whitcomb is quite clean, in the lobby, the hallways and the rooms. My king room was quite spacious, with a walk-in closet (iron and board) and large bathroom (shower/tub). Unfortunately no fridge, although there is an ice machine on each floor. The rooms are quiet.
I stayed for 6 nights, and walked to and from Union Square every day. Yes, there are homeless folks who gather along the street and the nearby metro station, and it makes one sad that the city of San Francisco draws such a large number of indigent people. However, there was never any issue that made me feel unsafe, and I was never approached for money or anything else. I cannot fault the Hotel Whitcomb for this situation. I would have no problem staying here again.

Dear RiBrown74,

Thank you for the honest review. We are pleased to hear that you had a good stay here with us, and you enjoyed the quiet and cleanliness of our room. We appreciate your understanding of the surrounding, and it is great to know that you felt safe during your stay here with us. Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Whitcomb, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was clean and well equipped. The service was friendly and positive. The room was more than adequate, other than not having a light in the closet. The wifi and TV/cable were great. The water filtration system (near the elevator) was very nice additional feature.

Dear rslansky,

Thank you for the positive review. I am pleased to hear that you had an overall good stay here with us. It is great to know that our guests enjoyed the hotel, our service, and other facilities including the WiFi, TV, and our FLO water system. We appreciate the business and hope to see you next time whenever you travel back to San Francisco. Farewell!