3,032 results
All reviews game room dart board ping pong fisherman's wharf food truck giant connect table tennis great location funky hotel fun hotel nautical theme balcony room partial view around the corner common areas wharf area ghirardelli square
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights in July as part of our California adventure. We had two rooms, interconnecting, which were clean, a good size and comfortable. We were slightly disappointed that there was no bar on site other than the caravan outside but we did what everyone else seemed to do and bought take out food and drink from local supermarkets and ate in the lobby area. The games room was fab and the atmosphere and location were excellent. The concierge staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable, especially when we struggled to return our hire car to the drop off point in the city centre. We loved San Fransisco and if you need a base for exploring this beautiful city then this hotel is absolutely perfect.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Hbirmele, General Manager at Hotel Zephyr, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Kate W

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Zephyr Hotel and glad you enjoyed our rooms and had a fun time playing around in our Game room and outdoor games we have. We are striving to create memories and appreciate you mention your interaction with our team members and I'm happy to share your experience with them. Glad you enjoyed the "base" in the coolest part of town where everything is in walking distance or a very short drive.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

CONS:
Beds small- double
A/C did not cool
Towels cheap
Tub: did not drain, kind of gross
You can hear other people peeing
Parking is 60 bucks, but it is San Francisco so....
No extras
Pool sticks all broken
All furniture stained in lobby areas

PROS:
Family friendly
Close to lots of things
Lots of areas to hang around in
Lots of games for families, ping pong,etc...
Cool artwork, furniture, hip ambiance
Staff friendly enough

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear TMMBDW,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Zephyr and I'm greatly disappointed hearing where we have not delivered yours and our expectations and I will share your feedback with my team to assure that these items are corrected swiftly. I'm glad that you enjoyed some of our games and our yard as well as our recycled art and re-purposed shipping containers as a backdrop.

Hopefully you choose to come see us again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly and we would be happy to make sure your future stay is a more memorable one.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

One of the nicest looking rooms I have stayed in. I did have the loudest speaking people in california (potentially) in the room next door, which affected my sleep. I wasn't overly happy with this as I'd asked for a quiet room.
Would recommend this place for business.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Hbirmele, General Manager at Hotel Zephyr, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear Dan W

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and my sincere apologies for the noise you experienced and I will share your feedback with my team to make sure that this will be addressed. I'm glad you liked our "buzzing" and comfortable rooms and hope you also where able to enjoy our hip outdoor yard as well.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

This hotel is conveniently located just a minute walk away from the Wharf: whilst the location is great for all the activities on Pier 39 and around there, you certainly pay the penalty with noise around the hotel (road) and within the hotel at all hours with poor sound proofing.
The room was basic. Reception was helpful and efficient.
The self parking at the hotel was extortionate at $53/night.

1  Thank richarddG9906SW

Dear Richard D,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I apologies for the noise and will share your feedback with my team to make sure to address the noise you experienced. We are working closely with a local organization here in the Wharf that assisting us with any noise concern that our Guest bringing to our attention and will share your feedback so that it can be addressed.
We are continuously looking in to our parking fees and making an effort to be below what usually is being ask for in the Wharf.

Again, appreciate your feedback and safe Travel.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

ON THE PLUS SIDE
- Kid friendly. A magnetic dart board in each room. A backgammon game was also in the room.
- Lobby very kid friendly. Lots of colors and textures. More games- pool, pingpong, and a couple others
- The outdoor courtyard was a fun place for kids to run around and play while parents could settle down for a chat and drink.
- There was a small trailer in the courtyard where snacks could be purchased.
-The room had plenty of places to plug in devices
ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE
-When we entered our room, there was a lady in it, 'testing' the TV remote.
- She also did something to the refrigerator, then requiring her to call a repairman
-The blinds in the room were ripped
-The pulley device made so much noice one could hear the rooms all around as they went up and down as well
-There were bolts sticking out of a wall in the bathroom with no idea what should have been there
-We had to call to get hand towels and washcloths as we only had bath towels. No bath mat
-Bathroom floor was very cold
-Thermostat didn't keep a constant temperature
-Door to the refrigerator had a slat broken in it
-No restaurant at all, just the limited trailer that sold snacks
-Halls were dark all the time and hall carpet could play with your mind

For the price we paid for this room, we did not get what we thought we should get. I would not try to stay here again. There are plenty of other places to stay that are in better shape and for a tad bit cheaper as well.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank cellarbeller
Henri B, General Manager at Hotel Zephyr, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear Cellarbeller,

First I like to Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us and sincerely apologies for less then pleasant stay you experienced. We certainly have not provided the service that you should expect and I will share your experience with my team and sure you the short comings will be addressed. I also have my team inspect the room to for the issues your pointing out to make sure they are being addressed. Regarding the Lady in the room I assume that she did an inspection to assure all is in proper working condition and will revisit this as well.

Again, My sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we would love to welcome you again here at the Zephyr showing the Service you should have expected and you can reach out to me directly if you would like so I can take care of your reservation personally.