2,812 results
All reviewsgames roomdart boardping pongfisherman's wharfjohnny rocketsfood truckgiant connecttable tennislife sizegreat locationfunky hotelfun hotelnautical themebalcony roombeach streetpartial viewaround the corner
Reviewed October 23, 2016

We won a certificate at an auction and stayed a weekend here. We had no idea what it would be like. Immediately upon walking in, I was greeted by a nice young man. He checked in and introduced us to the front desk hostess who would help us get the room we wanted. It was very strategically located. We were within easy walking distance to a number of attractions. The building replicates a ship and there is a nautical theme throughout. Great art and fun little community spaces. We played a sort of shuffle board in the game room. Loved the circle holes with cushions for seating and fire pits at night. We look forward to staying again. The room was not noisy as some reviews mentioned. We overlooked the balcony on the fourth floor.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Jason W, General Manager at Hotel Zephyr, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2016

Dear JeriLG,

Thank you for such a great review of Hotel Zephyr. I am always thrilled when guests are pleasantly surprised by our decor and our location, they are fun. Be sure to keep your eye out for holiday deals coming soon to book your next stay.

Reviewed October 23, 2016

Reception staff friendly and helpful. We requested the upgrade which was offered at time of booking,we were very pleased with the room and water view, however wifi was not available in that room 3111 and it was a very long walk from the elevator, after discussion with staff they moved us to another room next day, although the bathroom was smaller and only a partial view we were very pleased with our room 4028 .
The concierge seemed to lack knowledge on the two occassions we requested information! We followed the advice but more detailed information would have been handy.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple

Greetings beegeerob,

We appreciate you taking time to share your notes about your stay at Hotel Zephyr. We will be sure to pass along your notes about the wifi to our network management, we typically have a strong signal throughout the building. I am glad that we were able to get you into a room closer to the elevators for your convenience. We hope to get the chance to be of service again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2016

I made the choice to visit this hotel again, this time in the line of duty. The rooms are still tidy and clean, the staff still friendly and I had a nice stay at the hotel again. There are two minor problems though;
1. It is very warm in the corridors.
2. The A/C in the room is a bit noisy.
Other than that everything, including the valet parking, worked as a charm.
So if you want to stay close to the Wharf in San Francisco, this is the right place!

Room Tip: Try to book a room facing the San Fransisco Bay if possible
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Jason W, General Manager at Hotel Zephyr, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2016

Dear hakbr,

We are so pleased that you chose to stay with us again at Hotel Zephyr. We are so pleased that you found everything to work like a charm. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

We were there with two kids (10&11) - they loved the game room. Our room (small with small beds) had partial view of the bay and a balcony. The hotel is located right at Fisherman's wharf. We only stayed one night, but it served the purpose of being at the waterfront and has the parking in the building.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family

Greetings,

We are so pleased that you and your children enjoyed Hotel Zephyr and our game room. We hope you will come back and spend more than one night with us soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute through a 3rd party site and paid about $75 less than advertised. However, I still thought it was overpriced for the cleanliness and maintenance of the property.

I did call the hotel the day before to see if they would meet the online price or if they'd offer a different last minute discount. The girl in reservations couldn't have cared less about why I was visiting or anything I had to say. She was very obviously reading off a script and refused to break it (not even to gain relationship with a potential guest). I questioned even booking because of her, but decided not to let one person sour my opinion of the business.

Good:
The location is fantastic for touristy things. Just a couple blocks from Pier 41 and 39. Easy walk to Alcatraz ferry. Convenient to many public transport lines.
When I came in to check in, a gentleman welcomed me right away and made sure I was in the correct line.
The room was very spacious. Though it was just me, they put me in a room with 2 double beds. There was ample space around all the furniture to move around.
There was a mini fridge, Keurig (with coffee, cream, tea, decaf, etc), and bottled water.
There was a fold down seat in the shower which would be a great amenity for someone who has a hard time standing long enough to shower.
The TV was huge and they provided a great cheat sheet on how to use it.
The hotel provided coupons for local restaurants.
Very cute nautical decorations. The seagull pillows were adorable.

Not so good:
Cleaning was only okay. There was trash on the floor, hair in the shower, and rust from a leaking toilet that easily wiped off.
It was loud, but I'm not sure what from. There was a banging, almost construction noise that would happen fairly often day and night. I was able to sleep through it.
None of the staff knew much about the area other than the handful of places they all pushed.
There was a very rough around the edges feel with peeling paint, damaged wallpaper, etc.
There was no mattress cover. There was just a thin protector on top of the mattress and then the sheet. This seems odd for a hotel.
The provided shampoo and conditioner did not work well.
To be fair, I did not make the hotel aware of my dissatisfaction with any of these items during my stay thus not providing an opportunity to fix anything.

I would stay here again for 1 or 2 nights. It was comfortable and conveniently located.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo

Dear greenbeanjean26,

Thank you for such a detailed review of your experience while staying at Hotel Zephyr. I am truly embarrassed by having missed some simple details of your guest room. If you have a chance, I invite you to email me directly GM@hotelzephyrsf.com and share your room number or reservation details so that I can be sure I inspect and address details of the room you stayed in. We work hard to make sure we leave everyone with positive memories and would have been happy to make this right while you were with us. I am glad that you would give us a chance again in the future and hope to see you soon.