We came into the city to see an opera and chose the Phoenix due to its convenient location. The hotel is an oasis in the Tenderloin. Once you're behind the gates you feel a world away from the hustle and bustle. The front desk staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Our room was well-appointed except for the lack of a/c which was initially a disappointment, but it turned out we did not need it. The best part of the Phoenix was being able to hang out late at the restaurant and bar. The cocktails were creative and the food was even more so. We are serious foodies and were blown away by the late night bites. The Korean bok choy and duck confit dish was the stuff dreams are made of. Our other favorite part of our stay was enjoying the pool in the morning. It is such a nice pool with beautiful tile and swimming in it made us feel like kids again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, irreverent, and young-at-heart, The Phoenix Hotel caters to touring bands and travelers with a creative spirit. A 44 room mid-century motor lodge with a lush courtyard and heated outdoor pool. It's an oasis in the heart of San Francisco on the edge of the gritty Tenderloin and three blocks from City Hall. Guests get complimentary wifi, complimentary onsite parking (one car per room) and complimentary passes to the Kabuki Springs and Spa (Monday - Friday). Show casing original sculptures from local artists in the courtyard gardens, and a one of kind mural in the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Phoenix Hotel SF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix San Francisco