I was a bit hesitant when I heard we were staying at a hotel in the Tenderloin as I have nightmares about walking its streets on a previous trip. However my fears were put to rest upon entering the lobby where we were met by an extremely welcoming, friendly, and upbeat staff. We arrived early but were accommodated by given a room that had just been cleaned.. thank you again! It was a little chilly during our visit but the pool and courtyard were hip and funky.. I really wish I was able to take advantage of it! Our room was clean and fairly spacious, WIFI was complementary, and the bed was VERY comfortable; my only qualm was that the bathroom was a bit janky and we could not seem to find a thermostat in the room.. possibly we overlooked it? Anyway, we really enjoyed having drinks at Chambers and the food smelled absolutely divine. Later at night it becomes quite the hot spot with lots of 20 and 30 somethings mingling, dancing, and having fun. Overall AWESOME vibe, and I would definitely come back here. A big thank you to Andrew and Luke for their extra warm hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, irreverent, and young-at-heart, The Phoenix Hotel caters to touring bands and travelers with a creative spirit. A 44 room mid-century motor lodge with a lush courtyard and heated outdoor pool. It's an oasis in the heart of San Francisco on the edge of the gritty Tenderloin and three blocks from City Hall. Guests get complimentary wifi, complimentary onsite parking (one car per room) and complimentary passes to the Kabuki Springs and Spa (Monday - Friday). Show casing original sculptures from local artists in the courtyard gardens, and a one of kind mural in the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Phoenix Hotel SF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix San Francisco