We stayed here at the end of an amazing roadtrip that covered 1500 miles. Our last 3 days were at The Phoenix. We booked it on a recommendation. We knew that the Tenderloin area wouldn't be the most classy in SF but that didn't matter. We found the hotel room to be lovely, very clean, comfortable beds and all seemed well ... until the party started around the pool.. Nobody had told us about this ! It looked great fun but after a whole day of sightseeing we wanted a nap before dinner but this was impossible as the walls in our room were shaking and the music was so loud. Never mind as we think the music was great and ended up dancing to it.
The hotel is super cool and full of nice staff, and we were having a nice first nights sleep until the guests in the neighbouring room decided to come back and party in their room from 3am to 7am, unbelievably loud, banging, shouting, screaming, door slamming etc. We kept asking them to be quiet but they were having too much fun. This is the only shame in the hotel, the walls are thin and when someone opens a door the front wall shakes. However, it didn't tarnish our view of the hotel and we would definitely return (with ear plugs). Had a great breakfast brunch, cool dishes with a twist instead of the usual fare which is fantastic. Beautiful pool designed by David Hockney and super cool high end motel feel which we loved..
If you like a party too then this is definitely the one for you ! Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, irreverent, and young-at-heart, The Phoenix Hotel caters to touring bands and travelers with a creative spirit. A 44 room mid-century motor lodge with a lush courtyard and heated outdoor pool. It's an oasis in the heart of San Francisco on the edge of the gritty Tenderloin and three blocks from City Hall. Guests get complimentary wifi, complimentary onsite parking (one car per room) and complimentary passes to the Kabuki Springs and Spa (Monday - Friday). Show casing original sculptures from local artists in the courtyard gardens, and a one of kind mural in the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Phoenix Hotel SF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix San Francisco