Stayed here with girlfriend for five nights and we loved it. A really nice retro vibe but without a tired appearance. The room was clean, the bed very comfy and there was a decent Plasma TV with a good selection of channels - not that you'll have much time for watching TV in San Francisco!
The Phoenix is located right next to the Civic Centre and we found it a good base for exploring the City.
The bar here, was really cool, a superb place to start or end the night. The walls are lined with classic vinyl LPs which you can pick out and play.
Finally, the staff were absolutely excellent, relaxed, informative and extremely friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, irreverent, and young-at-heart, The Phoenix Hotel caters to touring bands and travelers with a creative spirit. A 44 room mid-century motor lodge with a lush courtyard and heated outdoor pool. It's an oasis in the heart of San Francisco on the edge of the gritty Tenderloin and three blocks from City Hall. Guests get complimentary onsite parking and a poolside coffee, tea and muffins to start the day. Art from local artists decorates the rooms and the courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phoenix Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix San Francisco